Remove Source?
Ok, here's another noob question. I can't find the remove source option. I want to refresh my movie database because I changed scrapers and the only way I can see to do it is to remove the source and re-add it. Is this right? Is there another way? And if this IS the way... where's the remove button located? Is it another hidden menu that I can't find? Just laugh and shake your head at the noob... but please do it while typing the answer. Smile Thanks.
i'm not laughing, i'm just moving your question to the correct forum. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Donzella Wrote:I want to refresh my movie database because I changed scrapers and the only way I can see to do it is to remove the source and re-add it. Is this right? Is there another way?

I think you should be able to go to Movies, press C to bring up the context menu and then go to refresh / update.
I have a lot of movies in there and don't want to do them one at a time because it would take forever. I don't think you can refresh an entire folder structure... can you?
Donzella Wrote:I have a lot of movies in there and don't want to do them one at a time because it would take forever. I don't think you can refresh an entire folder structure... can you?

when you pick refresh, it will scan whatever sources you added for movies and anything new it finds it will add.

not really sure what you're trying to accomplish or why..
If you used a scraper and didn't like the results, i'm not sure how much help a refresh will be.. so my previous advice may be utterly useless.

Anyways, if you want to remove a source, the same principle applies, except you'd go into the 'videos' menu in File Mode and use the C key (context menu) to remove a source.. you can add a source from the same place.

If this doesn't work out for you, you could close XBMC, delete the XBMC database, add your sources and then let your new scraper update everything for you.
The scraper you choose does make a big difference in the data it pulls. The scraper I used originally gave very short (and lame) movie descriptions and there was no MPAA ratings or studio info at all. When I changed scrapers, it pulled way better and more info.

I see now it has to be in FILE mode and not LIBRARY mode to remove a source.

Thank you.
YOU DO NOT WANT TO REMOVE THE SOURCE!!!!
You want to rescan all the content with a different scraper....

Set content to NONE(where you currently have it set to movies).. this will delete everything out of your library in the folder that you modified the content for... Then when that is done set content back to movies with the correct scrapper and have it scan automatically...
Or go into your userdata folder and delete the video database... then when you restart the xbox go into your source and set the content to movies and it will rescan..
Thank you Numus... that is great info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove Source?0