Multicast streaming support
hello !
first of all, congratulations of your work , i used the player on a daily basis and it rock Wink

a nice feature i would like to see implemented in the near future, is the support for multicast streaming ...

there is already a project about this feature, but sadly, it doesnt take into consideration the xbox ..

http://www.videolan.org/

its an open source project, so the sources are publicaly available and this should speed up alot the implementation process Wink

my provider stream some video channels over multicast , and to receive it, they provide us poor customers with a crappy video decoder , now, would be awesome if i could use the xbox to see any kind of media i want, without being forced have zilions of power cables and devices in my bedroom hehe

i hope you find my suggestion interesting Wink
keep up the hard work

spaghetti.
Smile 
it would be very nice to use but there is a problem, ms xdk do not support recieving multicast, you can find more info here
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
gamestr17 is right
the xdk doesnt support multicast

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
hi

i would like to hear if there are any work done on supporting multicast in xbmc.

/regards t
multicast streams...

like in vlc

does xbmc support this ?
if so how do i use it?

if not anyone know if any plans for support ?
no, the xbox sdk doesn't support multicast nativly thus nither does xbmc, however xbmc can revieve broadcasts streams (see here on how-to stream that from vlc)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
so there is no way mutlicast will ever be supported ? or are there other ways ?
is it possible to send raw packets with xbox sdk? if yes, you could generate igmpv2 join/leave packets. then we receive an udp/rtp stream we can read and play.
Sad 
hello,

does anyone know if xbmc can show udp multicast streams?. my internet provider offers digital television via dsl and they use udp multicast transport streams to deliver the content
using addresses per channel like this: udp://@239.0.0.193:8208

right now i'm using vlc to get the streams from a windows machine and streaming them off that machine via http; then using xbmc to capture that stream.

any help would be appreciated.

best regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multicast streaming support0