a good low profile video card people recommend
Hi all

I have a small format PC I use as a media centre, xbmc plays video content really poorly as my graphics card is only a radeon HD3450, it plays HD content fine in media centre using the shark007 codec pack but as xbmx doesnt use this codec pack it plays content very poor.. Ive seen it running great on high spec cards but im limited to my choices as its a low profile case

no doubt alot of people have small format PC's that use xbmc so Im looking for advice on low profile cards that people are using xbmc with fine, preferably one that will play HD content very nicely and fit in my small format case (PCi Express - card)

any recommendations? I have a 256MB radeon HD3450 currently so it needs to be better than that, I cant seem to find any top end cards that are low profile anywhere unfortunately Sad
If you use Linux ( Ubuntu ) Buy one Nvidia Card with VDPAU suport, it is the best and cheap opcion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDPAU
I'd have to ask the rest of your machine specs...
I'm currently using the 256mb 3450 and playing back stuff perfectly at 720p and 1080p. I am also using a quad core though.

I would look into your CPU options instead first.
Have you tried updating your video drivers or XBMC? You never know.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If it really is your video card and you're running Linux, I have to agree with the suggestion to use nVidia. Not only because of VDPAU, but it's easy for almost anyone to install, directly from nVidia, the newest drivers in Linux. I'm not really familiar with ATI on Linux, but I do know that nVidia updates their drivers. My older nVidia card has great drivers in Linux but Windows support has been dead for a couple of years. Streaming Flash video seems to work better in 64-bit Linux than it does in any version of Windows, but that's beside the point.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a good low profile video card people recommend0