request/suggestion view
I wish the view- fanart in games the dvd case was a cd case.Because when you have xbox games it automatically gets the thumbnail/folder.jpg.And that image you get is more like a cd case.
And I like this list 2 view(highlight the selected item) I would use this instead of the full list view

tikkiew Wrote:I wish the view- fanart in games the dvd case was a cd case.Because when you have xbox games it automatically gets the thumbnail/folder.jpg.And that image you get is more like a cd case.

i'm not sure i get what you mean...it should look like this:
as far as i know it uses the correct dimensions of an xbox game, so i don't quite understand why you want to resize it to a cd-case size.

if you're getting different results, please post a screenshot.

tikkiew Wrote:And I like this list 2 view(highlight the selected item) I would use this instead of the full list view

i find it rather ugly to change the width/height and or font-size of the focused item in a list. sorry ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i'm not sure i get what you mean...
as far as i know it uses the correct dimensions of an xbox game, so i don't quite understand why you want to resize it to a cd-case size.

if you're getting different results, please post a screenshot.

i find it rather ugly to change the width/height and or font-size of the focused item in a list. sorry ;-)
well this is an example of a thumbnail what I get automatically scanned on xbmc if you have an xbox game on your hardrive.For xbox not xbox360 games.Maybe a difference?I don't know which file it scanned to get the image.

ImageImage

and the font isn't changed on list 2.I liked that the image becomes bigger.But it is your decision.

By the way where you get your fanart of game?
This is what I did to get better thumbs. The thumbs are store in Userdata/Thumbnails/Programs. I navigated there with the File Explorer and found the strange image that I wanted to change for a game and remembered that name of it. (I later realized I should have FTPed all the thumbs from the folder to my computer so that it would be easier to see them all at once by opening the command window at that location and typing in "rename *.tbn *.jpg" and using thumbnail view. Make sure you type "rename *.jpg *.tbn" before FTPing your new thumbs both without the quotes of course.)

I then went to bing.com/images and searched for the name of a game there plus the word "xbox" if it was pulling up too many pictures. I then clicked "Tall" under layout so that I had the right orientation. For example here is the search that I would use for the game in the screenshot.

Once I found a thumb that I liked, I would rename it the exact name of the current thumbnail under programs i.e. something like 0a995213.tbn and overwrite the old file. This would then make it become the new thumbnail. I didn't have success just naming it folder.jpg since the one was still in cache and would be recreated whenever I went to view the game section. I did this to all my games that I didn't like the default thumbs for and it worked like a champ.

I also found that bing was good for fanart to when selecting the "wide" layout. Just download a picture you like, rename it to fanart.jpg and put it in the game's folder. There are other places to use I'm sure, but I found that to be easiest for me.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
tikkiew Wrote:well this is an example of a thumbnail what I get automatically scanned on xbmc if you have an xbox game on your hardrive.For xbox not xbox360 games.Maybe a difference?I don't know which file it scanned to get the image.

me neither? can xbmc auto-generate thumbs for games?

btw, i got the fanart from htbackdrops.com
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:me neither? can xbmc auto-generate thumbs for games?

btw, i got the fanart from htbackdrops.com

Yes for xbox games.

I got some fanart for xbox games I am going to upload them to htbackdrops.com

@nicoli_k

Thanks for pointing out how to change the thumb.I was trying the folder.jpg without success I now know why.The thumb I get automatic isn't that bad.
So I am not changing this.I was more asking myself how it get the thumb.

offtopic :when talking about cd case.I remembered there was a site that a friend told me years ago to find a lot of cd/dvd case and covers www.cdcovers.cc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
request/suggestion view0