White screen when playing a video
Any word on a fix for this? I'm similar to what's been reported too:

* I run 22278
* I run VDPAU (8200 IGP)
* This occurs on all HD videos

Thing is, I don't know if it's high-def video, or the MKV container, because all my HD video is MKV. Tongue
it's VDPAU and no clue why it's happening.
i'll post a workaround for testing purposes in a bit.

edit:
copy this Home.xml to the 720p folder, it'll overwrite the current one.
restart xbmc and please let me know if the issue is fixed.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I've just tested the new Home.xml file with a few different mkv files and the issue is fixed for me.

Thanks for all your hard work Ronie.... Oh, and what took you so long ;o)
I just installed the new Home.xml file, will play around with it for a bit and report back.
It works, thanks! Smile
I've just discovered that the white screen bug still happens when I press either the "z" or "o" key whilst playing a VDPAU decoded movie... Not a biggie but can be a pain when trying to debug files etc.

Cheers
Freek Wrote:I've just discovered that the white screen bug still happens when I press either the "z" or "o" key whilst playing a VDPAU decoded movie... Not a biggie but can be a pain when trying to debug files etc.

Cheers

thanx. i already was afraid it would turn up again somewhere...
guess it's back to the drawing board for me.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Freek Wrote:I've just discovered that the white screen bug still happens when I press either the "z" or "o" key whilst playing a VDPAU decoded movie... Not a biggie but can be a pain when trying to debug files etc.

Cheers

i'm afraid i can't reproduce the issues with 'z' and 'o'... not with the original T! v2.00 and not with the 'fix' i've posted.

could you post a Debug Log and a screenshot of Settings > Videos > Player ?

edit:
oh...and maybe a step by step description of how you can reproduce it?

cheers, i'm gonna need all the help i can get on this one.
Just to note I've been using the updated Home.xml file and it has mainly solved my white screen issues. I had 2 instances where I got a white screen playing a trailer in a window (only the window itself had a white screen) but I havent been able to retrace my steps to duplicate it again, so probably not terribly helpful but thought I'd mention it.
OK, I found a way I can duplicate the white screen while playing a trailer in a window (and this is with the updated Home.xml file).

Edit: I'm using the slide view for movies, btw.

After starting to play the trailer I then start navigating to other movies, when I navigate to the third movie the trailer window goes white.

I've attached a debug and note that I'm running SVN 22528 even though from the debug it shows as unknown.

http://pastebin.com/m7f798388

and here is a screen shot of my video player settings:

Update: ok, I've found that the number of movies you have to start scrolling through either left or right isn't consistent. But I've found if I scroll through enough movies it will eventually happen.
thanx, confirmed !

although scrolling seems to work fine for me, as soon as i switch to fullscreen or escape back to the home menu, the screen turns white.

i've also noticed sometimes the dvd cases would disappear as soon as i start the trailer.

guess this gives me something to do for the rest of the day :-(
ronie Wrote:i'm afraid i can't reproduce the issues with 'z' and 'o'... not with the original T! v2.00 and not with the 'fix' i've posted.

Heh, You know what? Neither can I Sad If I ever manage to reproduce it I'll make a note of how I did it.

Sorry for wasting your time.
Freek Wrote:Heh, You know what? Neither can I Sad If I ever manage to reproduce it I'll make a note of how I did it.

Sorry for wasting your time.

you're not wasting anyone's time!
i'm glad you brought up the fact that the issue still occurs.
after hours and hours (and hours) of troubleshooting, i'm afraid i have to give up and ask the pro's for help: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57993
Ronie, just wanted to say thanks so much for all the work you've put into this skin and the willingness to fix any reported issues. Make sure you give time to give yourself a break as well, it sounds like you've spend quite a bit of time with this one Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
White screen when playing a video0