FTPing Transparency to Xbox
I have a problem with FTPing studio images from Transparency that have weird file names like french and Irish characters and maybe other languages. I'm using FlashFXP and was wandering how others managed to transfer these files or did they just leave them?
willers.nail Wrote:I have a problem with FTPing studio images from Transparency that have weird file names like french and Irish characters and maybe other languages. I'm using FlashFXP and was wandering how others managed to transfer these files or did they just leave them?

just ignore the errors. it's a limitation of the xbox filesystem, it doesn't allow certain special characters. you'll miss a few studio logo's, but that's all.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I am getting 11 files that come up file name to long ftping with flashfxp into my xboxes...
http://pastebin.org/15269
I am getting sick of pastebin.org and its 1000 popup ads that freeze firefox..
you could just send the whole unzipped skin over and extract it on the xbox.
That's how i used to do it on my xbox + it's quicker to transfer it that way
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Numus Wrote:I am getting 11 files that come up file name to long ftping with flashfxp into my xboxes...
http://pastebin.org/15269

another known limitation of the xbox filesystem.
there's nothing i can do about it. sorry.

Numus Wrote:I am getting sick of pastebin.org and its 1000 popup ads that freeze firefox..

install adblock plus and 99.9% of all the ads will be gone. forever!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Or you could use the SVN Repo Installer (http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=159135) to download the skin straight onto the box, one of the repositories offers Xbox skins, Transparency! is in there (dont know which revision though). It might take a while to download though, to be honest I gave up after a while, I might try it again though Smile
Tried downloading it from SVN Repo Installer but it fails about a third of the way through. Ill try unzip it from the xbox but how would I do that on xbmc or do you mean to say using the ftp?
I've never had success downloading it via the SVN Repo either. It always fails on me.
To unzip it inside xbmc, go to File Manager and then in one pane go to the skins folder. In the other pane, navigate inside of the zip folder. Highlight the transparency! folder and copy or move it into the skin folder.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Thanks nikoli_k, that's actually a pretty good suggestion, will try that.

@willers.nail
I tried downloading the skin using SVN Repo Installer in XBMC on Windows and it crashed XBMC pretty much about the same place, sorry I though it would work...
paul Wrote:you could just send the whole unzipped skin over and extract it on the xbox.
That's how i used to do it on my xbox + it's quicker to transfer it that way

How are you unzipping it on the xbox?

Uh, I see the directions 2 posts up from this. I'll take a look at that when I can.
Use File Manager - it can navigate through zip/rar just like folders really. Once inside the arhive, copy the contents to the other panel.
Tried this and it doesn't seem to work either. It failed after some time and I ended up for some reason with my skins folder nested inside another skin folder inside another about 4 or 5 layers deep of skin folders. very Weird!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTPing Transparency to Xbox0