Skipped frames / jittering playback
Hi.

I've been running my XBMC Live on an Acer Aspire Revo ION without any trouble for some time now using a PD Action Model One MK II (projector, 720p).

I recently purchased a Pioneer Kuro 50" Plasma (European model, LX5090H) and sadly im having some serious difficulties trying to figure out why the video playback is jittery. This is noticeable when the camera pans. Also pretty easy to see on people sometimes as they move around..it's like they skip around often.

The tv can play back 1080p/24 without any problem. Watching a Blu-ray using the PS3 connected is absolutely flawless. I've tried every possible setting on the TV, but i can't get rid of the jittering on XBMC. I've tried the following resolutions in XBMC:

1920x1080 / 50hz / 60hz / 24hz
I've tried enabling and disabling the auto adjust refresh rate setting.

Nothing helps.

Note...when i was running it on the projector the resolution was 1280x720.

Hardware: Acer Aspire Revo
Architecture: i686
XBMC SVN: 9.04.1 r20654
Install Method: Installed to HDD via XBMC Live USB Flash utility

Anyone who can help me solve this? Thanks in advance.
Nobody had any trouble like this or have any solution?
Its a problem with 9.04.1. Normally we'd say upgrade to latest SVN, but thats a bit tricky right now. What **MAY** work is disabling Anti-Aliasing in the NVIDIA driver control panel type application.
Thanks. I'll guess i'll wait for a new release. I'm not that experienced with linux sadly. But any idea how i can find the NVIDIA control panel?
Actually, I think the latest SVN PPA is at a stable revision. You may want to try that.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Tried updating to the latest SVN, but sadly this didn't do anything. I also disabled AA in nvidia control panel in x, but no difference there either.

Is this something that will be fixed in any upcoming version? I'm tempted to try with Win7/XBMC and see if that helps.
Have you setup your xorg.conf for proper 24Hz handling?
I am not sure how this issue is addressed in XBMC Live, but I have a feeling that 24Hz is not available out of the box.

Try to search for 24Hz and xorg.conf on the forums, there are a lot of threads on this.
Yeah i've tried configuring xorg.conf several times, disabling twindisplay, setting dvitimer true, flatpaneldisplay etc. I've tried setting 1920x1080 @ 24, 50 and 60hz in Appereance settings, but there is nothing that actually helps. It's really frustrating.
galleren Wrote:Yeah i've tried configuring xorg.conf several times, disabling twindisplay, setting dvitimer true, flatpaneldisplay etc. I've tried setting 1920x1080 @ 24, 50 and 60hz in Appereance settings, but there is nothing that actually helps. It's really frustrating.

Can you copy/paste your xorg.conf into here?
Sure, i'll do it when i get home from work today.
I've got exactly the same issue as you. Hopefully you'll get an answer here. Sorry I can't actually help.

Dan
Allright.

Here is my current xorg.conf file.

# nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings
# nvidia-settings: version 1.0 (buildmeister@builder63) Wed May 27 03:16:54 PDT 2009

# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig: version 1.0 (buildmeister@builder63) Wed May 27 03:15:36 PDT 2009

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Layout0"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Unknown"
ModelName "DON DENON-AVAMP"
HorizSync 15.0 - 69.0
VertRefresh 23.0 - 61.0
Option "DPMS"
Option "DynamicTwinView" "false"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BoardName "ION"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
Option "NoLogo" "True"
Option "TwinView" "0"
Option "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection
I have had this problem for quite some time now. But i think it's network related, my server is running at 100% load, so it might be overloaded. I will try playing some files locally. What kind of setup are you running? Are you using network storage?
Hardware: ASUS P5N7A-VM with 2GB RAM and Intel Celeron 430 1,8GHz @ 3,06GHz
It has nothing to do with the network. Like i said in my first post on this thread i've been running the setup without any problems when using my 1280x720 projector.
Hmmmm... That looks good.
I don't know. If I understand correctly, your are connecting your displays via your amp. If I were you, I would try to connect the Kuro directly to see if it OK. It can be some trouble with transferring EDID via the amp.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipped frames / jittering playback0