Skipped frames / jittering playback
BDPNA Wrote:I have an Onkyo receiver with HDMI going out into a splitter which sends the signal either to a 50" Plasma TV -OR- a 1080p projector...Is there a way to get xorg.conf set up with modelines and settings in a way it will work well in both, or am I sort of stuck considering sometimes I'll want to use the plasma, sometimes the projector.

I'm doing ok with the defaults right now, though I am being annoyed by the occasional stutter for a second or two during motion as I mentioned above (not dropping frames though like 1080p used to do before VDPAU accel Smile ) So it's bad but not AS bad as it used to be.

Hmm, think you can forget passthrough then, you can probably set your onkyo to hdmi output yes and resolution 1080p instead of passthrough. (my onkyo can be set that way), it should result in the onkyo taking care of everything if xrand can read the edid from the onkyo, havent thought of that actually.

I would prefer if xbmc just sent out 480i/p 576i/p 720p and 1080i/p depending on which material is chosen. That way we could use the nice reons etc that we have in our amps and projectors etc for upscaling and these troubles with custom settings would be alittle easier to solve I guess. No idea if that is possible with the way GPU's works though Smile
Is the upscaling in an amp much better than sinc or lanczos in xbmc?
Hardware: ASUS P5N7A-VM with 2GB RAM and Intel Celeron 430 1,8GHz @ 3,06GHz
spozen Wrote:Is the upscaling in an amp much better than sinc or lanczos in xbmc?

That really depends on what type of scaler your amp have. Reon HQV which my amp (Onkyo TX-SR875) have is considered to be one of the better, got the same chip in my projector aswell. (epson TW5000 or 7500UB for US).

If i put a DVD in my PS3 and just output regular 576i and let my amp do the scaling the result is better than if i put the DVD in my HTPC and let XBMC handle the scaling (lanczos), both over HDMI.
Hello all,

I also have some strange things if I try to switch on 24p with setting "DynamicTwinView" to "False"and auto adjust for refresh rate. 24p movies are supposed to be played at 24Hz (info by pressing Z key) but projector tell it is still at 60Hz... And movie is played very very fast in this way...

As I also have an Epson TW-EH5000 (4500 in Japan) like Shike, could you please post your full xorg.conf if you solved all your problems ?

Thanks a lot !
You need this in your xorg.conf as well:

Code:
Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
It works ! Thanks a lot for your help, and the really great job done on XBMC !

I was trying to add modelines etc, but this line in screen section was just enought. Smile
spozen Wrote:I had that before but now it's gone thanks to the new xorg.conf posted here.

I have the exact same issue. Can someone please repost that xorg.conf? The pastebin link from Olympia has expired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipped frames / jittering playback0