Skipped frames / jittering playback
I tried connecting directly to the TV, but sadly no positive result on that either.
galleren Wrote:I tried connecting directly to the TV, but sadly no positive result on that either.

Very strange as the same setup is jitterless on your projector.
Are you sure the same problem is not appearing with that display?

If yes, than it really has to be becasue XBMC not seeing the available resolution/refresh rates in case of the Kuro for some reason.

Maybe you can try to define modelines manually.
I have a similiar problem on my Sony Bravia W4500.
olympia Wrote:Very strange as the same setup is jitterless on your projector.
Are you sure the same problem is not appearing with that display?

If yes, than it really has to be becasue XBMC not seeing the available resolution/refresh rates in case of the Kuro for some reason.

Maybe you can try to define modelines manually.

Yepp, there is no problem if i plug the PJ thru the HDMI output on the amp/receiver instead of the TV.

And i have absolutely no idea how to make my own modelines. I'm a complete linux noob.
galleren Wrote:Yepp, there is no problem if i plug the PJ thru the HDMI output on the amp/receiver instead of the TV.

And i have absolutely no idea how to make my own modelines. I'm a complete linux noob.

I've sent you a PM.
I have exactly the same problem with my KURO LX5090H, My motherboard is Zotac 9300 ITX. Really annoying, i´m gonna try a new build soon.
galleren Wrote:And i have absolutely no idea how to make my own modelines. I'm a complete linux noob.

There is a howto for X and modelines here (using xvidtune): http://howto-pages.org/ModeLines/

For an example of a resulting Xorg.conf for Myth: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Vizio_VX37L
That's too deep for me Sad
olympia Wrote:I've sent you a PM.

It worked! Finally...i can't tell you how much of a relief that is. Thank you very much. I've been messing around so much with the XBMC install now that i think im gonna do a clean install and set it up properly now from the beginning.

Again, thank you.
galleren Wrote:It worked! Finally...i can't tell you how much of a relief that is. Thank you very much. I've been messing around so much with the XBMC install now that i think im gonna do a clean install and set it up properly now from the beginning.

Again, thank you.

Please share with the rest of us.
Can't get proper playback on my Kuro
rickardkk Wrote:Please share with the rest of us.
Can't get proper playback on my Kuro
Yes, please share :-)
I used the MONITOR and SCREEN settings found in this xorg.conf file that was given to me by Olympia. Big thanks.

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
# VendorName "Unknown"
# ModelName "Unknown"
Option "DPMS"
Modeline "[email protected]" 74.23 1920 2560 2604 2752 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync
Modeline "1920x1080@24" 74.160 1920 2558 2602 2750 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync
Modeline "1920x1080@50" 148.500 1920 2448 2492 2640 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync
Modeline "1920x1080@60" 148.350 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync HorizSync 15.0 - 68.0 VertRefresh 23.0 - 61.0
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24 Option "NoLogo"
Option "DynamicTwinView" "false"
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "True"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24 Modes "[email protected]" "1920x1080@24" "1920x1080@60" "1920x1080@50"
EndSubSection
The wierd thing is if i use those modelines, i get 1080P@25 , @50 and @60.

And i still get 50Hz on every video when using adjust refresh rate. Planet earth in HD is 24fps right? But i got rid of most of the jittering, now i just notice it on some videos. Planet Earth episode 1 for example in the beginning when the go by a mountain, a waterfall and finally the birds.

Big thanks to olympia for posting the modelines!
Hardware: ASUS P5N7A-VM with 2GB RAM and Intel Celeron 430 1,8GHz @ 3,06GHz
galleren Wrote:It worked! Finally...i can't tell you how much of a relief that is. Thank you very much. I've been messing around so much with the XBMC install now that i think im gonna do a clean install and set it up properly now from the beginning.

Again, thank you.

I am glad that you worked out... Cool
Please note, that you have some line break issues in the quote of xorg.conf....
olympia Wrote:I am glad that you worked out... Cool
Please note, that you have some line break issues in the quote of xorg.conf....

I noticed that, hehe.

Anyways. Is there any reason that the @23.976hz option doesn't show up as an option in XBMC?

I did a fresh minimal ubuntu install, then XBMC etc (and learned some linux in the process Tongue) last night. I also installed the latest Nvidia drivers from nvidia.com. I'm running 1920x1080@24hz now and there is no jagging etc when the camera pans or people moving across the screen etc. I did however notice that there was some lagging in certain scenes (almost like the CPU had trouble coping with the load). But i went into the video settings and disabled the adjust refresh rate bit, which then seemed to solve the problem.

Also, i tried starting a DVD ISO (while having adjust refresh rate enabled) and XBMC just went back to the main menu when trying to start it. Disabling auto adjust fixed this as well.

Any thoughts on that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipped frames / jittering playback0