Improved allmusic.com scraper (plus a few questions)
talisto Wrote:as well as the allmusic scraper (but without my Discogs additions.. just the fixes).

would you consider adding those as well?
i'm sure you're not the only one who thinks discogs.com provides far better artist thumbs compared to allmusic.

in fact, and i have no clue if it would be possible, adding a fallback to discogs for artist/album info would be nice too when they're not listed at allmusic.

sure it would increase scraper times, but in the end it's the results that count.
and manually having to add .nfo files for all the failed items would be a lot more time consuming.

just some thoughts....
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:would you consider adding those as well?
i'm sure you're not the only one who thinks discogs.com provides far better artist thumbs compared to allmusic.

I think it's better to add this once spiff has implemented settings for the music scrapers, rather than forcing it now. There may be quite a number of people who (for example) have their own thumbnails as folder.jpg's in their artists folder and don't want or need the extra processing from scraping another page, especially when they're already scraping htbackdrops as well. Though, with that said, the htbackdrops scraping should probably be an optional setting as well, eventually.
spiff Wrote:thanks for the patches!

Glad to finally be able to help out with XBMC in some way! Smile Thanks for implementing the url encoding!
delivered on my second promise (music scraper settings) in r22934
CoolNice, been waiting for this one. Nod
Much improved. Thanks everyone.
Installed latest SVN release , I noticed that the Music Scrapper now detects most of my music Big Grin still I noticed that after updating the info on one artist sucessfully I tried with another, chose the suggested artist in the multiple match window only to be presented with the bio for the previous artist I had updated.

So it looks like this succesful update has been stuck somehow and now everytime I try to "Update info on this artist" I get the same bio Oo

PS: This is using Transparency! 2.0 FWIW.
You're using .nfo files? Debug log please.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I tried again.

Succesfully updated Europe bio.
Went to update Fergie info.
Chose [R&B] Fergie 00's from the artist popup list
Now Fergie displays Europe's bio and Europe's thumbs.

Eek

View debug log at: http://pastebin.com/m65e95810

I don't use nfo files, I let XBMC to scan my iTunes music folder for songs and create the library (Music/Artist A/Album Whatever/01 - SongName.mp3)
Should be fixed in SVN r23029. (http://trac.xbmc.org/export/23029/branch...lmusic.xml)
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Whoops, that was probably my fault. Sorry about that. Wink

Spiff, I was playing around with the music scraper settings, and it seems that the scraper only uses the default settings, not what the user has specified. E.g. I uncheck the setting to "Grab thumbs from HTBackdrops", but the scraper grabs them anyhow; likewise, when adding my own setting to the scraper script, I set the default to "false", and even if I enable it in the scraper settings window, it never actually runs. Can anyone else verify this? I'll test it again and post a ticket if I can't get it working.

Edit: I'm using SVN 23167. I'd post a debug log, but it doesn't really show anything useful.

Thanks!
Works for me ™. Please try again with a clean database (scraper settings) and pastebin the debug log in case it still happens for you.
vdrfan Wrote:Works for me ™. Please try again with a clean database (scraper settings) and pastebin the debug log in case it still happens for you.

It's definitely not working properly for me.. I nuked my XBMC dir entirely to start fresh, then went to Settings > Music > Library, enabled "Fetch Artist Information", then went to Scraper Settings and disabled "Enable Fanart" and "Fetch Thumbs from HTBackdrops" (with the default Discogs scraper, though I've tried this with other scrapers as well with the same result), saved the settings, and scanned a few albums into my library. The debug log shows that GetHTBackdrops and GetHTBThumbs are still being called regardless.

Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.com/m659c7df3

I verified that the scraper settings actually saved, when I go back into the scraper settings the options are still disabled. I'm running SVN 23167 on MacOSX 10.6.1.
Can't reproduce here. Tried with discogs and allmusic, but no luck ;/
vdrfan Wrote:Can't reproduce here. Tried with discogs and allmusic, but no luck ;/

D'oh.. that's weird. I wish I could figure out why it's happening on my machine, I'm really wanting to add some additional settings to a few of the music scrapers. I guess I'll give it another go on the next compile.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improved allmusic.com scraper (plus a few questions)0