steve1977 Wrote:Thanks, this sounds very great. Three brief questions:
1) I am not sure whether I understand your "edit". Will it be sufficient just to copy the files you have uploaded somewhere and then everything is set or do I still need to play with the settings? Given your huge music database and success of identifying artist and album art, I would like to follow your settings.
2) I have actually pretty comprehensive ID-Tags including the album cover. Does this matter for the scraper settings?
3) Do I need to activate HTBackdrops in the settings for "artist thumbs" in order to get the fanart? In other words, if I deactivate "artist thumbs from HTBackdrops", will I still get fanart from HTBackdrops?
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been away for the weekend. Hopefully you got it working In any case, I'll do my best to answer your questions:
1) The options I've added aren't enabled by default. I made that decision primarily because I thought it was best to keep the Allmusic scraper as, well, an Allmusic scraper by default, so it only scrapes Allmusic sources unless set otherwise. If you want to get better results, you need to go into the settings and disable thumb scraping from Allmusic, and enable it from Last.fm or Discogs. I'd recommend scraping artist thumbs from Last.fm and album thumbs from Discogs, though the artist thumbs from Discogs are good as well.
2) Having good ID3 tags are integral to getting good results from all the scrapers. However, as far as I can tell, XBMC prefers the album thumbs from scraper sources over the album thumbs in the ID3 tag. So if the scraper is able to fetch an album thumb from an online source, it will use that even if an album thumb exists in the ID3 tag. Maybe this isn't the intended behaviour, but it seems to be the case from my testing.
3) The "Get Fanart" is a separate setting, so as long as you keep that enabled, the scraper will still fetch fanart from htbackdrops regardless of what you set the other settings to. But FYI, I'd recommend keeping "Get artist thumbs from HTBackdrops" enabled AS WELL as getting artist thumbs from another source, because if it can't find a thumb from one source, it will automatically look to the other source. I've actually given HTBackdrops a higher priority so that it will look there first, as all the artist thumbs on that site are optimized for XBMC. But they just don't have a very large database, so it's best to have another source to fall back on.
Hope that answers your questions! Let me know how it works for you.