Video windows in fanart-view to large
Setting the video-mode to 'zoom' will affect the size of the video-window in fanart-view as well. Depending of zoom-level and video resolution the window hides part of the list and the cover.

Screen resolution is 1280 x 800, res of example video is 640 x 272

As a side note, I don't think the video preview is that usefull in the first place. It uses a lot of space on the screen , defeating the propuse of a fanart-view: displaying nice looking artworks without too much obstacles in the way.

Furthermore I don't see the point of showing a preview of the background played movie when browsing the tv-show library.

Just some thoughts...
topkat Wrote:Setting the video-mode to 'zoom' will affect the size of the video-window in fanart-view as well. Depending of zoom-level and video resolution the window hides part of the list and the cover.

Screen resolution is 1280 x 800, res of example video is 640 x 272

nothing the skin can do about it.

topkat Wrote:As a side note, I don't think the video preview is that usefull in the first place.

a lot of people like the feature of being able to watch the trailer in a preview window.
but, i suppose i can make an option to disable the preview window.

topkat Wrote:It uses a lot of space on the screen , defeating the propuse of a fanart-view: displaying nice looking artworks without too much obstacles in the way.

Furthermore I don't see the point of showing a preview of the background played movie when browsing the tv-show library.

you're right about that one. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
But isn't it possible to set the playerwindow to a fixed size (with stretching when needed), just like on all other elements?

ronie Wrote:a lot of people like the feature of being able to watch the trailer in a preview window.
but, i suppose i can make an option to disable the preview window.

OK, my sentence was probably a bit short worded. I like the preview-window as well, but not the way it is used now. For trailers it is a nice feature, but showing the current played movie all the time while browsing the library is a bit disturbing.
topkat Wrote:But isn't it possible to set the playerwindow to a fixed size (with stretching when needed), just like on all other elements?

the player window has a fixed size. but if you use zoom, it also applies to the player window.

topkat Wrote:OK, my sentence was probably a bit short worded. I like the preview-window as well, but not the way it is used now. For trailers it is a nice feature, but showing the current played movie all the time while browsing the library is a bit disturbing.

i agree, but there's no way for the skin to find out if you're playing a trailer or if you're playing a movie.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hy, thanks for the reply.

That's really sad and renders this feature a bit useless. I could life without the zoom stuff, but other stretching options (16:9 etc.) affect the window size as well, hence I vote for an option to disable it.

Keep up the good work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video windows in fanart-view to large0