Full screen in 2nd monitor
Sad 
For me the top of XBMC is also cut off and XBMC goes a little below the screen. (I guess same problem someone mentioned earlier)

I am using Vista64 and XBMC build 23120 (newest as of now)
This is what I discoverd on my setup when having XBMC on the second display [1 display --> monitor 60 Hz, 2 display --> TV 60 Hz]:
DX build: perfect full screen, video playback done in display 1 rather than in display 2, refresh rate ok if both display 1 and 2 have the same refresh rates.
GL build: no perfect screen (shifted down), playback ok, refresh rate not ok on second display --> varies between 80 and 200 Hz.
So both DX and GL builds have there problems with the latest SVN checked out.
what is DX and GX?

I am using vista, not linux currently
I have the same problem here.

XBMC starts perfectly on my second monitor. but when I start a movie, xbmc goes to the first monitor. how can this be solved? any suggerstions?

I am using vista 64bit

thanks in advance.
GL = Open GL
DX = DirectX
Solvend the issue of refresh rates between 80 adn 200 Hz on the GL build --> vertical sync enabled only during playback
Questionario Wrote:For me the top of XBMC is also cut off and XBMC goes a little below the screen. (I guess same problem someone mentioned earlier)

I am using Vista64 and XBMC build 23120 (newest as of now)

Same here on Win7 64 bit.
I'm just reading this thread and was wondering if #2 screen can be the basis to solve the problem if you are working with two screens: one screen (HDTV) showing the UI of XBMC and playing a movie and when you press info, show time line and thumb (i.e. the normal overlay) in the second screen (buildin touch screen in case).
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
is there any solution to this?
sucks that the top of my TV is not being used and the bottom is cut off... Sad
just for the record...
I just updated to build 23416, which is the most recent as of now and the error is gone...
xbmc looks just beautiful now ;-)
same here Smile
Apologies for resurrecting, but:

I just installed Win 7 on this machine yesterday, and so I've been reinstalling apps. And I don't remember which SVN of XBMC I was using before that allowed for secondary-monitor support.

Here's the issue I'm having right now: with the couple of SVN's I tried, when I change the setting for it to go to the secondary display, everything goes back, and then after a few seconds it comes back to the primary screen, but the secondary one stays black until I mouse over and do a right-click-Refresh, at which point it comes back to the extended Desktop.

(Oh: Radeon 4850, newest Catalyst drivers for 64-bit Win7, if it helps.)

Has this happened to anyone? If so, is it solvable? Am I missing something?

(Can I maybe edit a settings file so it will already be set to that when I boot XBMC? It's sure acting like it doesn't care for the monitor switch, but I don't care if I can just get it launching in the second monitor and be done with it. Smile)

Thanks much!

-- Chris
Actually, nevermind! I figured out what I needed to do...get XBMC in windowed mode, drag it over to the other monitor, and THEN set it to open on the second monitor. Works a treat now...the only issue I have now is with the good folks over at EventGhost. Smile
Doesn't work for me anymore.

With r24064 I could set the XBMC to display on screen #2 and it would do it. Now it always jumps to fullscreen on screen #1 - doesn't matter if the windows is on screen #1 or #2 and it also doesn't matter if I choose Fullscreen #1 or #2 - it always goes back to the primary screen.

Here is a debug log of me trying to first set XBMC to screen #2 and then to screen #1 which both jump it to the primary screen:
http://pastebin.com/m373b3901
Same here. Doesn't work anymore.

ccMatrix Wrote:Doesn't work for me anymore.
And all this time I thought it was me or my computer... I, guess not -> doesn't work for me either

Win7 64bit + Nvidia 7900gtx (forceware 190.62)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full screen in 2nd monitor0