Full screen in 2nd monitor
I used to have major issues with the 2nd Display being my TV and also had issues with XBMC not sending the video to the correct display.

with the new XBMC-Rev24195-DX release I was even able to get rid of my Vsync issues by turning them off.

is VSYNC used for ATI cards ?
Using build 24171. Setting Resolution to "720p60 (Full Screen) #2" will make a 1280X720 window on my primary screen.

Working with build 24114.
Wait for Camelot alpha 1. It will allow FS usage on screen 2. Should be out in the next 24 hours.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

edit: sorry wrong thread
Just installed Camelot, 2nd monitor support works great!

Question though, is there anyway of stopping XBMC minimising when you click outside of it and it loses focus? (using Windows 7)

Would like to have it playing on my 2nd monitor while I use my pc.
FNi31 Wrote:Just installed Camelot, 2nd monitor support works great!

Question though, is there anyway of stopping XBMC minimising when you click outside of it and it loses focus? (using Windows 7)

Would like to have it playing on my 2nd monitor while I use my pc.

I just want to add I get this too and no I don't believe currently there is a way
Wait for Camelot Beta 1 (or Alpha 2) - a fakefullscreen mode has been introduced.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Hmmm, it works nicely, but there is one strange behaviour I don't understand: why does XBMC minimise all by itself from time to time? I don't do anything, just watch a film for instance, and then all of the sudden XBMC gets minimised on the other screen and disappears from the one it's supposed to be at. Any ideas?
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
I can confirm that XBMC works beautifully on Display #2 "out of the box" as of the Camelot builds. This is on Windows 7 with no third party stuff like UltraMon. "Fakefullscreen" is a new option that makes XBMC behave as you would expect it to, with it being maximized on a secondary display and remaining that way, regardless of what window gets focused or whatever else happens.
Just add <fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen> to your advancedsettings.xml file and start XBMC Smile
Catchy Signature Here
SleepyP Wrote:I can confirm that XBMC works beautifully on Display #2 "out of the box" as of the Camelot builds. This is on Windows 7 with no third party stuff like UltraMon. "Fakefullscreen" is a new option that makes XBMC behave as you would expect it to, with it being maximized on a secondary display and remaining that way, regardless of what window gets focused or whatever else happens.
Just add <fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen> to your advancedsettings.xml file and start XBMC Smile

Either I'm doing something wrong, or it doesn't work as designed on WinXP.

I created a advancedsettings.xml file within C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application data\XBMC\userdata, added the following line to it and restarted XBMC

Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen>
</advancedsettings>

Yet, when I click anywhere outside of the program window, it minimises XBMC. So I can't work on my PC while my GF is watching a movie in the other room, for instance. Or am I doing something wrong?

BTW, and no, <fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen> alone doesn't do the trick either.
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
You don't need that advanced setting. It's a gui option...

elupus Wrote:You don't need that advanced setting. It's a gui option...
Ok, searching for it. Where is it precisely (any skin would do)?
Cheers
sorry to post in this thread, but perhaps you guys have a solutions for me.

I want to set xbmc to my second screen.
my screens are both detected. But If I set xbm to full screen #2 (1024*768) it just doesnt go to the second screen, so xbmc stays at screen #1

Anyone knows why? en what to do about it? In the log there are 2 errors, but I dont think they matter.

18:14:56 T:1492 M:510267392 NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...
18:14:56 T:3364 M:510193664 NOTICE: Webserver: Started
18:14:56 T:1492 M:510185472 NOTICE: ES: Starting event server
18:14:56 T:1156 M:510136320 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 0.0.0.0:9777
18:14:56 T:1156 M:510136320 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
18:14:56 T:1492 M:510095360 ERROR: GL: Vertical Blank Syncing unsupported
18:14:56 T:1776 M:505323520 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:14:57 T:1440 M:494129152 NOTICE: My Music: Scanning for music info using worker thread, operation took 00:00
18:15:06 T:3372 M:495947776 NOTICE: My Videos: Scanning for video info using worker thread, operation took 00:10
18:15:45 T:1492 M:499589120 ERROR: CGUIWrappingListContainer::SelectItemFromPoint: Speed 0.588608
18:17:18 T:1736 M:489287680 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Halibutt Wrote:I created a advancedsettings.xml file within C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application data\XBMC\userdata, added the following line to it and restarted XBMC(...)
Okay, got it, my bad. Correct syntax is:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videoscreen>
        <fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen>
    </videoscreen>
</advancedsettings>
Cheers
with the most recent beta i still don't get fullscreen on my second monitor... worked like a charme before!
every time i have to first set it to window mode and then to the second monitor (so this works as a workaround)
i also have the mouse show up on every start, even if i disabled it!
i'm on mac osx but i also experienced this on windows xp!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full screen in 2nd monitor0