Play .mkv's that are 2in1, in XBMC?
Some .mkv's are made with both standard and ext-cut in the same file.

Is it possible for XBMC to choose those things? Or can it be made?

Thanks.

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
Does ext-cut mean Extended Cut? Is this handled through chapters? Is it a feature of the mkv container? Are there any standards on how players interact with this feature?
Maxim Wrote:Does ext-cut mean Extended Cut? Is this handled through chapters? Is it a feature of the mkv container? Are there any standards on how players interact with this feature?

Yes! Extended cuts.

I dont know if its handled through chapters. In Media Player Classic I normaly can choose what version to see. I guess the extra material is in "special" chapter. Don't know.

/Söder
soder Wrote:Yes! Extended cuts.

I dont know if its handled through chapters. In Media Player Classic I normaly can choose what version to see. I guess the extra material is in "special" chapter. Don't know.

/Söder

I now tested with a movie I got now. First the is the .mkv, and den a folder with 3 clips with extra material. Then in Media Player Classic, I can go where I change audio tracks and subs "filter/the file name/" and pick from 2 Editions.

/Söder
soder Wrote:First the is the .mkv, and den a folder with 3 clips with extra material.
Ok, so there are 4 files in total? One MKV, and then in a sub folder are three other MKVs.
soder Wrote:Then in Media Player Classic, I can go where I change audio tracks and subs "filter/the file name/" and pick from 2 Editions.
Interesting, I've not seen this done before it must be some kind of linking involved. If you could find some documentation on how these special edition MKVs are built it would probably be most helpful to the devs.

As for actually implimenting it as a feature it would have to depend on at least two things, #1 how easy it is to develop, #2 is there a big enough demand by the user base.

It seems like a neat feature. If implemented, I would imagine that it would work very well when pressing Play on a movie. At that time is when the Resume dialog box appears if you have previously stopped the movie. The dialog could contain a choice of the versions available, just like your selection menu in MPC.

I found some docs regarding this, it's called Linking and is made with mkvmerge:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtool...obal_split

I think that the separate audio tracks have different chapters setup, and the Extended Cut must have links in the chapters for where it's supposed to play the extra files. So it plays most from the first file, and then moves around to the others and might ultimately end on the first file depending on what material is in the extended cut MKVs.
Maxim Wrote:Ok, so there are 4 files in total? One MKV, and then in a sub folder are three other MKVs.

Interesting, I've not seen this done before it must be some kind of linking involved. If you could find some documentation on how these special edition MKVs are built it would probably be most helpful to the devs.

As for actually implimenting it as a feature it would have to depend on at least two things, #1 how easy it is to develop, #2 is there a big enough demand by the user base.

It seems like a neat feature. If implemented, I would imagine that it would work very well when pressing Play on a movie. At that time is when the Resume dialog box appears if you have previously stopped the movie. The dialog could contain a choice of the versions available, just like your selection menu in MPC.

I found some docs regarding this, it's called Linking and is made with mkvmerge:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtool...obal_split

I think that the separate audio tracks have different chapters setup, and the Extended Cut must have links in the chapters for where it's supposed to play the extra files. So it plays most from the first file, and then moves around to the others and might ultimately end on the first file depending on what material is in the extended cut MKVs.

Yes. 1 "normal" and then 3 extras. My "standard" edition is the extended. I guess that when playing the extended, it skip som specific parts from the standard file, and then "replacing" that part with the longer part.

Good that you found some information. I didnt find it my self.

/Söder
Any news on above? Would love to play 2in1 files in xbmc.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
It seems to be handled via Global tags and chapters.
Could not extract Global tags (no clue how to do it).
I managed to extract chapters though.
Here you are:
http://pastebin.com/HQyAHYqy
This 2in1 includes the theatrical and the extended release.
There are 3in1s, too!
any news on this? Would be great to be able to play 2in1's luckily de default is often the directors cut, but i've seen two in ones were the normal cut is the default which means you cant watch the DC in XBMC
Nothing yet, it seems.
The team seems to be focused on other things.
Would love to have this feature implemented..
Indeed. This format has been around for a while and is becoming more common; when will XBMC pick it up?
Same for me, and also ordered chapters, which are somehow related in feature like.
(2013-03-15, 17:56)hwkns Wrote: Indeed. This format has been around for a while and is becoming more common; when will XBMC pick it up?
Probably not ever, since I don't believe FFmpeg supports Ordered Chapters / Segment Linking...
What does it have to do with FFmpeg?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play .mkv's that are 2in1, in XBMC?2