can't enable fanart background
hey guys,

first of all thanks for the work you put into it!

But I've got a problem with the fanart feature.

I can scan my movie folder and everything is found correctly.

When i click on a movie to review the movie information i can download a fanart, but it does NOT appear on the "list" or something else.

i only can see that normal background with the popcorn what ever that might be ;-)

can someone help?

using newst SVN and newest skin version
if you're using an XBMC version of anything newer than r22528 then roll it back. There are problems with the SVN right now as they're merging and know it's broken
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
well in that post it is said

"Update 2: SVN PPA is now fixed."

but anyway how to roll back? delete and reinstall?
What is the actual version you have? On home screen press "s" and go to system info to see it.

"Update 2: SVN PPA is now fixed." means that the faulty v22746 had been taken out of the SVN PPA. I wasn't sure if you had compiled your own SVN version or not, so you may have a correct version and not have to roll back. In the future realize that "newest" or "latest" SVN isn't the best indicator since it changes so often.

Another thing to check is go to the Video tab on the home screen, and go to a source for movies and hit the "c" key and go to Set Content and select Movie and then go to Settings and make sure to check Enable Fanart.

If it still doesn't work turn on debugging, scan a movie and upload the contents of your log to a pastebin site. My signature has more detailed information on that.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
nicoli_k Wrote:What is the actual version you have? On home screen press "s" and go to system info to see it.

"Update 2: SVN PPA is now fixed." means that the faulty v22746 had been taken out of the SVN PPA. I wasn't sure if you had compiled your own SVN version or not, so you may have a correct version and not have to roll back. In the future realize that "newest" or "latest" SVN isn't the best indicator since it changes so often.

Another thing to check is go to the Video tab on the home screen, and go to a source for movies and hit the "c" key and go to Set Content and select Movie and then go to Settings and make sure to check Enable Fanart.

If it still doesn't work turn on debugging, scan a movie and upload the contents of your log to a pastebin site. My signature has more detailed information on that.

1.) I'm using the XBMC pre-9.10 r22516 (compiled Aug 31. 2009)

2.) "check enable" Fanart. Fanart is enabled but nothing happens :-(

3.) i enabled "enable debuggin" in the system settings. but can't find that xbmc.log anywhere ?
1. You're version should be fine.
2. Interesting.
3. "~/.xbmc/temp/" for Linux make sure you can see hidden folders.
*You could also try going into the File Manager of XBMC and copying Q:\xbmc.log (which is actually special://xbmc/log) to a place that's easy for you to find like your Desktop.
mastermischke Wrote:i only can see that normal background with the popcorn what ever that might be ;-)

enable library mode, it's on the hidden side menu.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:enable library mode, it's on the hidden side menu.

ahh that was it !

thanks a lot!
Haha, that rocks. I wish most of my problems where a simple click of a button. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't enable fanart background0