Clear Movie Genre
Ok been playing around with this and since the Movie genres can be .pngs why not use that.
Heres one ive come up with been playing with others let me know if you think its worth the time or not.

I played with having the genre in the picture but cant see the point as its on the list anyway.
If theres enough intrest maybe between us we can get a full pack together ?

Redone a few is no-one intrested in this ?

Ok been busy if you an get the genre working made these so far

most of the popular genres are now done and we have got this working in low list

Smile 
If you have the extensions as .bmp they can be used in normal list and showcase views and the look great.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Heres the Pack of Popular Genres in PNG Format as Paul says they can be converted to BMPs aswell if you want...

Download 4.5 Mbs

I will be updating as and when needed or requested.

Change the Sci-Fi one for something more retro :p

Ram2000 Wrote:Heres the Pack of Popular Genres in PNG Format as Paul says they can be converted to BMPs aswell if you want...

Download 4.5 Mbs

I will be updating as and when needed or requested.

Change the Sci-Fi one for something more retro :p

moon-basis alpha one that is - isn't it? Wink
cheers,azido :;):
azido Wrote:moon-basis alpha one that is - isn't it? Wink

Space 1999 :p though basically the same model :p
Ram2000 Wrote:Space 1999 :p though basically the same model :p

You guys must be as old as I to reference that one Laugh
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
Will these work in .png in the Showmix 2.1? I renamed action.jpg & placed the new action.png & got the default.jpg genre.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
curtis-r Wrote:Will these work in .png in the Showmix 2.1? I renamed action.jpg & placed the new action.png & got the default.jpg genre.

I have kinda got this working in lowlist 2.1

Still waiting for a little help regarding the angles I had to rename the genre in Viewtype_LowList.xml to .png and had to remove the default image as it still showed up in the background for some reason.
Ok I have redone some of the more popular Posters for the Genre pack

DOWNLOAD 2.10 MB

And the CLEAR pack is still here

DOWNLOAD 4.2 MB

Request Welcome.
Thanks.. How do I get these to show up in XBMC once I download them?
In Night it's media/extras/moviegenres. I think Aeon and Alaska(regular) have genre icon support. Just look through the media folder for where they store them. Then just delete the old images and insert new ones.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
still taking requests?

Kung-Fu (old skool)
Asian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Thai
Foreign
Bollywood
HD

can you share the template?

thanks
dude

how bout

SPY
HISTORICAL/EPIC

CONCERTS

if you still make them

thanks they look great
Thanks for the nice images. However, I have no clue how to get them working in xbmc. Using latest Dharma, with alaska skin.

Can't find the current images which I want to replace with this one. Anybody a clue?

btw, first post here, have been reading a lot, and got 90% of xmbc working as I want it to work Smile Thanks for all the topics, questions, answers, effort Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clear Movie Genre1