cdart with Transparency
gerrardasnails Wrote:Does anyone know of any software that will download cd art (the picture on the cd not the album cover)? I have Adele's 21 album playing and the green cd is spinning outside the sleeve - it looks great. I would like the same formal my albums. All I have done is added the .png file in the album folder and called it 'cdart'.

use the cdArt manager addon:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
On the right of cdart there is tag info in full screen mode. How can i get album year right after the album name? Is there an .xml to edit or something?
(2013-03-18, 20:16)karsta62 Wrote: On the right of cdart there is tag info in full screen mode. How can i get album year right after the album name? Is there an .xml to edit or something?

in MusicVisualisation.xml

change:
<label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album]</label>
to:
<label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album] $INFO[MusicPlayer.Year]</label>
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ronie, thank you so much! This is getting perfect.
PHP Code:
<include name="musicalbumsdisc-View_Icons">
    <
texture diffuse="disc_mask.png" fallback="disc.png" background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist]$INFO[ListItem.Album,/,/cdart.png]</texture>
</include>

<include 
name="musicalbumsdisc0-View_Icons">
    <
texture diffuse="disc_mask.png" fallback="disc.png" background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem(-1).Artist]$INFO[ListItem(-1).Album,/,/cdart.png]</texture>
</include>

<include 
name="musicalbumsdisc1-View_Icons">
    <
texture diffuse="disc_mask.png" fallback="disc.png" background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem(1).Artist]$INFO[ListItem(1).Album,/,/cdart.png]</texture>
</include> 

I've tried out different things without success. What exactly do I have to change here to get cdart to work in "Icon"-view, if my folder structure looks like
Code:
/Music/<artist name>/Albums/(<year>) <album title>/cdart.png
and
Code:
/Music/<artist name>/EPs/(<year>) <album title>/cdart.png
and so on?

And is there a possibility to make it check two different paths? Because for albums with multiple discs, my folder structure even looks like
Code:
/Music/<artist name>/Albums/(<year>) <album title>/CD<cd-number>/cdart.png
well, here's the tools you need:
/Music/ = $INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]
<artist name> = $INFO[ListItem.Artist]
<album title> = $INFO[ListItem.Album]
<year> = $INFO[ListItem.Year]
<cd-number> = $INFO[ListItem.DiscNumber]

so the first one would be:
PHP Code:
$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist]/Albums/($INFO[ListItem.Year]) $INFO[ListItem.Album]/cdart.png 

since xbmc also supports writing infolabels as $INFO[infolabel,prefix,postfix]
you can also do it like this:
PHP Code:
$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,,/Albums/]$INFO[ListItem.Year,(,)]$INFO[ListItem.Album, ,/cdart.png

when things don't work out right, enable debuglogging and check the logfile for errors.
Ok, thanks for the hints! It's working now at least with one of the possible paths.

I guess there ain't a chance to let it check multiple paths?
(2013-06-22, 23:44)WaxWorm Wrote: Ok, thanks for the hints! It's working now at least with one of the possible paths.

I guess there ain't a chance to let it check multiple paths?

nope, that isn't supported by xbmc.

the only thing you could do is duplicate all the image controls
and have one use the first path and the other the second.
Ok, this would get a bit out of hand, since I have at least 7 different variations of folder paths according to type (albums, live-albums, EPs and compilations) and (only if more than 1) number of discs.

What I don't understand: how does the folder.jpg work with every single of my different album paths and why can't cdart.png work the same way?
icon (folder.jpg) and fanart (fanart.jpg) support is built-in in xbmc.

all the other image types are not supported by xbmc and can only be displayed by using workarounds in the skin.
Too bad. Would have thought, that the path to folder.jpg would be stored in some variable that could have been used here too. Is there any chance, that XBMC will be reworked to fully support all the additional image types in the future?
there's a little bit support for it since xbmc frodo.
but it requires an addon (artwork downloader) to fill your musicdb with those image types.

i may switch to this method in T! for xbmc gotham.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdart with Transparency0