Play trailers before movie?
I would like to see some trailers before I go to my movie. I want to manually choose which trailer is played. The trailers are stored on my HDD in a dir. called Trailers. I ve dl the latest unofficial XB<C and I use the Tranparancy 2.00 skin. In this skin the home screen has a button Trailers. When I click on it nothings happens. I thinks I have to do some things in order to make it work but I don t know what. Could someone help me out please?

cheers
Don't dream your life, live your dream
THX-UltraII Wrote:I would like to see some trailers before I go to my movie. I want to manually choose which trailer is played. The trailers are stored on my HDD in a dir. called Trailers. I ve dl the latest unofficial XB<C and I use the Tranparancy 2.00 skin. In this skin the home screen has a button Trailers. When I click on it nothings happens. I thinks I have to do some things in order to make it work but I don t know what. Could someone help me out please?

cheers

The Home Theater Experience script does what you are looking for, I believe.
As far as the Transparency! Skin, you would probably do best to ask questions in the Dedicated forum in Skins.
blacklist Wrote:The Home Theater Experience script does what you are looking for, I believe.
As far as the Transparency! Skin, you would probably do best to ask questions in the Dedicated forum in Skins.

Isnt the HT Experience plugin show random trailers before a movie start running? Thats not what I want. I want to be able to manually select a movie trailer I want to see from within XBMC and let my external player show the trailer
THX-UltraII Wrote:Isnt the HT Experience plugin show random trailers before a movie start running? Thats not what I want. I want to be able to manually select a movie trailer I want to see from within XBMC and let my external player show the trailer

Not sure what settings HT Experience allows, I don't use it myself. The short answer is, however, that if that script does not do it, I do not believe its currently possible.
you know who I can ask to be sure if it s not possible? You would think that it would be possible since the thing I want is pretty simple
If it's so simple, why are you asking? Please take a few seconds of your time to give your threads a useful topic in the future.
Is there a plugin for random commercials or FBI warnings before a movie as well? What about an occasional silhouette of a big person blocking the view during playback?
this came up in a skin thread the other day. someone suggested to make your movies and trailers effectively a multi-part movie. put the trailer as part1 and the movie as part2 (or whatever stacking format you want.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos#Stacking_in_XBMC

edit: i just realized you want to manually pick the trailer. this wouldn't do that.

also, about the trailers button in transparency, that is specifically for the HT plugin.
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
THX-UltraII Wrote:you know who I can ask to be sure if it s not possible? You would think that it would be possible since the thing I want is pretty simple

Sure, everything is very simple if you're a skilled Python coder. I'm guessing you're not. Neither am I.

So, one of two things need to happen.

A) You learn python and code it up yourself.
B) Attract the interest of someone who could code it up, and hope they have time to make it.

Either way, I would hope you could find a better way to ask the deveolpers, skinners, and coders who DONATE their time and effort to make this the best Media Center software available.

Just sayin.
I just had a thought but it does not work:

I went to Video and added a folder (my TRAILERS folder). Now XBMC sees the trailers as movies which is ok to me. Only thing I now want is that XBMC does not mix them with my other folder (MOVIES). Is that possible?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play trailers before movie?0