• 7(current)
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here..
azido Wrote:hehe.. what a fun way of usage Smile

for me, a big plus to the current builds (and the future) is, that now you can fire up xbmc with a single keystroke on your remote (if configured to start a program) and the gui goes fullscreen onto screen #2 without the need to do anything on your pc. this was impossible before.

either i had to click on a symlink on the extended desktop to fire it up there (win 7) or use xbmclauncher to go to screen #2 (vista) or use ultramon to switch primary display.

Does this mean that I will now be able to start XBMC from my iPhone? That would be very cool
installed 22928 via 0.7.9.0 updater this morning to resolve some known problems

corrected oddball keyboard issue where some combination of keys caused it to use an alternate keymap

corrected the windowed & resolution problem

no problems or oddities found so far in this build
kemik Wrote:Does this mean that I will now be able to start XBMC from my iPhone? That would be very cool

i know nothing when it comes to the iphone, but if it is able to start a windows app i tend to say yes.
cheers,azido :;):
I am getting loads of tearing with the dx builds on my HTPC. The GL builds do not have this happening. I tried with all the various vertical blank sync options in Appearance/screen as well as the various settings for the videoplayer such as adjust refresh rate and sync playback to display. I also tried to force it on using the nvidia control panel. Is the log useful for this?

HTPC specs:
AMD 3800+
onboard nvidia 6150 using drivers: 190.62

last XBMC-dx build tried:22928
kricker Wrote:I am getting loads of tearing with the dx builds on my HTPC. The GL builds do not have this happening. I tried with all the various vertical blank sync options in Appearance/screen as well as the various settings for the videoplayer such as adjust refresh rate and sync playback to display. I also tried to force it on using the nvidia control panel. Is the log useful for this?

HTPC specs:
AMD 3800+
onboard nvidia 6150 using drivers: 190.62

last XBMC-dx build tried:22928

did you get that on the most recent ones or generally?
i had tearing in win xp too, but it dissapeared all of a sudden in version 228xx (cannot remember exact build right now).
This is my first go with the dx builds on my htpc. The HTPC and devPC are running Win7. When I tested on my workstation with an nvidia GTX 260 and the same drivers I didn't have any tearing. I've done all my testing of the dx builds on my dev pc and never noticed any tearing.
Hi, guys.

I've tried the latest DX buid (22928) and have noticed a speedup of about 20% at cpu usage - got 85-90% range at OGL build and 60-65% range at DX one (for playing 720p x.264) on my p4 3GHZ geforce6200 system. (windows7)
Does it means that DXVA already works somehow?

BTW: I'm unable to switch to mediastream skin on this build, have to use pm3.hd one, is there a fix for that?

Cheers.
I know this is not the place to ask...

But I will shoot.. Hope you guys score...

Whats the benefit of using a DX build or a GL build..? Does it offload video and x264 to the GPU by any means..?

I use MediaPortal because it has the option to use it. But if the DX, GL builds can give me this option.. I will definitely try it out..
It certainly uses less CPU in normal operation but it does not hardware accelerate anything as far as I know.
kricker Wrote:This is my first go with the dx builds on my htpc. The HTPC and devPC are running Win7. When I tested on my workstation with an nvidia GTX 260 and the same drivers I didn't have any tearing. I've done all my testing of the dx builds on my dev pc and never noticed any tearing.

so you are using a different graphics card on your htpc?
i've tried the latest version with the mediastream skin - it ain't working! any1 else can confirm that? the workaround in the xml file (replace 2.1 with 2.11) doesn't work correctly - everything is strecthed and ugly looking - any1's got a solution?
FattyMcDirty Wrote:i've tried the latest version with the mediastream skin - it ain't working! any1 else can confirm that? the workaround in the xml file (replace 2.1 with 2.11) doesn't work correctly - everything is strecthed and ugly looking - any1's got a solution?

1st: thanks for following my request.

for mediastream: a lot has been changed in the skinning engine and xbmc itself since the last release of the mediastream skin. for example it simply does not take advantage of the metadata features and also uses older methods of loading images. i would not be surprised too much if current svn revisions of xbmc (and the inherited skinning engine) are not "down-compatible" for older skins. now i guess that's the reason for the raise of the required skin version number.

of course you can alter the number your skin reports - but that doesn't mean it works. it's like you name your ford lamborghini..

you should have a look at mediastream redux, which meets the requirements. of course it's not the same like mediastream, but somehow close to it's look.
azido Wrote:1st: thanks for following my request.

for mediastream: a lot has been changed in the skinning engine and xbmc itself since the last release of the mediastream skin. for example it simply does not take advantage of the metadata features and also uses older methods of loading images. i would not be surprised too much if current svn revisions of xbmc (and the inherited skinning engine) are not "down-compatible" for older skins. now i guess that's the reason for the raise of the required skin version number.

of course you can alter the number your skin reports - but that doesn't mean it works. it's like you name your ford lamborghini..

you should have a look at mediastream redux, which meets the requirements. of course it's not the same like mediastream, but somehow close to it's look.

Thanks, I didn´t know about this changes in the skinning engine... I thinked that the reason for a big part of the incons not displayed was a temporal error... so I have to look at the PM3.HD for a new skin compatible with the new versions...
azido Wrote:you should have a look at mediastream redux, which meets the requirements. of course it's not the same like mediastream, but somehow close to it's look.

is there an actual precompiled version of mediastream redux? i'm not into that git stuff :/
I was staying away from these builds, then decided to try one of the latest ones out. I'm pleasantly surprised, 22928gl and Transparency v2.0 is running so well on my test pc that I've just put it on my HTPC, alongside a stable version of course, and it's looking very good. I'll probably continue to update now on from the gl builds.

I had to change the preferred scaling method from Bicubic to Bilinear on the OSD, as the first one gave me just a small picture down the bottom of the screen. Having made that small change everything plays, in sync and smooth, that means DVDs from ISO, HD mkv, and SD avi, and BBC iplayer. The ITV catchup doesn't run, but never has for me, I think it needs a much older svn than I want to use. I'm getting an occasional lock up and freeze but its my choice to live with that and try out the latest dev build.

The dx builds don't work on my setup, that's an ATI HD 4850, and W7 64bit, but if the gl builds are a sign of things to come, then in my opinion the best just gets better.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here..0