• 2(current)
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here..
azido Wrote:thank you.. are you using a 2 display solution or just only tv attached?

i might get myself an nvidia card again. they're cheap these days.
I am only using my samsung TV at the moment but i do have a second monitor 20" HP but i found it a real pig to set up i will try the new build with it and see how it works,
The only problem i did have was i did not have the D3DX9_41.dll but i soon found that on the internet and all has been fine since, thanks to kricker for his fine buildsSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Hey azido, at the weekend i'll find up my cables and test using my tv and another monitor as a secondary display, i should have a long enough vga cable and an hdmi cable so i can test both and report back for you, also swapping back graphics cards with my brother so i'll test it all again with an ATI 3870 X2 instead of the 8800 GTS
1st display: monitor LCD LG wide
2nd display: LCD TV Samsung
video card: nVidia 8800 GT Leadtek
The TV is in another room, but thanks to 10m HDMI cable and 8m infrared cable I'm fan-noise-free and i can control my computer (xbmc) flawlessly.

I managed the displays using UltraMon (2 profiles, monitor/tv and when i hit ctrl+alt+1 i switch from one profile to another)

DX builds are way faster than -gl ones, smoother and nicer video playback, but i still use the extrernal player (MPc-HC + coreavc+reclock=pixel perfect Big Grin )

Regarding the resolution of the LCD TV, i use the nVidia resize tool to get the perfect-fit desktop (1202x670), and then save it as a profile in ultramon (1280x720 60hz seems to be cropped on my tv).

Latest 2 -dx builds seems broken, the taskbar won't go away on FS...
sergiocos Wrote:but i still use the extrernal player (MPc-HC + coreavc+reclock=pixel perfect Big Grin )

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.
althekiller Wrote:I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

lol Laugh
cheers,azido :;):
nutski Wrote:Hey azido, at the weekend i'll find up my cables and test using my tv and another monitor as a secondary display, i should have a long enough vga cable and an hdmi cable so i can test both and report back for you, also swapping back graphics cards with my brother so i'll test it all again with an ATI 3870 X2 instead of the 8800 GTS

woohoo.. glad you spend that much attention for testing, thanks Smile dunno if it's worth that much action right now, but i'll surely won't stop you from doing that Tongue
paul Wrote:The only problem i did have was i did not have the D3DX9_41.dll but i soon found that on the internet and all has been fine since, thanks to kricker for his fine buildsSmile

yeah you get that on startup if you don't install dx 9.0c before. i wonder if anything more than this dll is needed for it to work, so one won't need to install the complete stuff. we'll see once it's running stable enough, though.
u just need that dll in system32. prolly it's fine to put it just to xbmc dir. i put it to system32 and it worked
I put it in the XBMC folder and it worked there to. If i remember rightly that's the way windows works, it looks in the app folder first, then the system folder.
That is correct except that DLL is part of directx .. hence it should be in windows system 32 folder with all other directx files ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
althekiller Wrote:I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.
Do I miss a joke? Huh
As I post in this thread http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38585&page=8 I have a problem with the XBOX IR and the new directx build.
Has there anything changed?
thanks
ashlar Wrote:Do I miss a joke? Huh

yeah you did, guy said the new DX XBMC is so good that he still uses an external player Big Grin
Actually I was laughing at his "math" equation for "pixel perfect" video. All of the addends contribute artifacts to the sum. Far from "pixel perfect."
azido Wrote:woohoo.. glad you spend that much attention for testing, thanks Smile dunno if it's worth that much action right now, but i'll surely won't stop you from doing that Tongue

Girlfriend is working most of the weekend so i'll get to play with xbmc on my main pc and media center for quite a while!

I've been getting a few crashes when playing videos but i'll update my drivers and try it on my server too, i know it still early in development but thats when i like to start playing Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here..0