• 3(current)
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here..
althekiller Wrote:Actually I was laughing at his "math" equation for "pixel perfect" video. All of the addends contribute artifacts to the sum. Far from "pixel perfect."

Pixel perfect may be one of those phrases thrown around to describe something positively yet totally inaccurately. Kind of like, "I could be more impressed!" and "for all intensive purposes, this is great!"
Minimize problems!

When selecting "Minimize" as the default behavior when doing "Exit", the OpenGL SVN the screen gets corrupted. In DirectX mode, the screen and text become "blur" and less readable when doing a minimize to desktop.
natethomas Wrote:Pixel perfect may be one of those phrases thrown around to describe something positively yet totally inaccurately. Kind of like, "I could be more impressed!" and "for all intensive purposes, this is great!"

it's like adding some blur and say "look, what a smooth picture" Rolleyes
cheers,azido :;):
CrashX Wrote:That is correct except that DLL is part of directx .. hence it should be in windows system 32 folder with all other directx files ..

what we still don't know is if that's the only file that is needed to let xbmc-dx do what it does. for the time being it SEEMS to be the only one.

we'll know once the process is finished.
azido Wrote:it's like adding some blur and say "look, what a smooth picture" Rolleyes
That's why so many users request the corecodec support in the forums? They might be Damon Albarn fans (that's a Blur joke). I don't know about you guys, but that's the combo that works best for me (MPC-HC, coreavc with CUDA, reclock) on 43" LCD. I think there are many in this situation, hence the external player thread.

And yes, the -dx builds seems more responsive and the playback smoother, that means the future is promising.
XBMC still just list one resolution/refresh rate. Anyone who got the automatic refresh rate changing working?
sergiocos Wrote:That's why so many users request the corecodec support in the forums? They might be Damon Albarn fans (that's a Blur joke). I don't know about you guys, but that's the combo that works best for me (MPC-HC, coreavc with CUDA, reclock) on 43" LCD. I think there are many in this situation, hence the external player thread.

And yes, the -dx builds seems more responsive and the playback smoother, that means the future is promising.

I know this sounds like a silly question, but if your using an external player, doesn't that mean your not actually using XBMC's player?? If that's the case then doesn't it kind of make testing the dx version pointless? all your actually doing is testing the menus isn't it?
Kind of... i use the default dvdplayer for SD material and external player for HD. But i still check in every build how the internal player works. Wink
sergiocos Wrote:Kind of... i use the default dvdplayer for SD material and external player for HD. But i still check in every build how the internal player works. Wink

O right, that makes more sense Laugh
althekiller Wrote:Actually I was laughing at his "math" equation for "pixel perfect" video. All of the addends contribute artifacts to the sum. Far from "pixel perfect."
Gotcha! Sorry for being thick! Wink
sergiocos Wrote:That's why so many users request the corecodec support in the forums? They might be Damon Albarn fans (that's a Blur joke). I don't know about you guys, but that's the combo that works best for me (MPC-HC, coreavc with CUDA, reclock) on 43" LCD. I think there are many in this situation, hence the external player thread.

that's what i'm referring to. i'm sure you get a really good picture to be satisfied with, no question, but that is not "pixel perfect" in terms of reproducing the original source. it's more like cosmetic corrections to get a beautiful picture.
This is starting to be offtopic but... there's nothing inherently lossy in the chain sourcefile-->MPC-HC-->coreavc-->reclock. It might well be pixel perfect.

There's no post processing implied in this solution. Unless you ask for it. On the opposite, the smoothness of reproduction achieved by the above is still unequalled, in my experience, by XBMC (current resolution/refresh rates problems aside).
ashlar Wrote:This is starting to be offtopic but... there's nothing inherently lossy in the chain sourcefile-->MPC-HC-->coreavc-->reclock. It might well be pixel perfect.

There's no post processing implied in this solution. Unless you ask for it. On the opposite, the smoothness of reproduction achieved by the above is still unequalled, in my experience, by XBMC (current resolution/refresh rates problems aside).

i think we could have an endless discussion on this Rolleyes
ashlar Wrote:This is starting to be offtopic but... there's nothing inherently lossy in the chain sourcefile-->MPC-HC-->coreavc-->reclock. It might well be pixel perfect.

I don't know very much about coreavc, but I'd heard that it is inherently lossy to begin with. Like, it achieves its speed by breaking the codec (whatever that means). I'm very open to being corrected on this point.
natethomas Wrote:I don't know very much about coreavc, but I'd heard that it is inherently lossy to begin with. Like, it achieves its speed by breaking the codec (whatever that means). I'm very open to being corrected on this point.
As far as I understand it, it does that if you tell it to. You have the option to skip the standard deblocking routines. But it's up to you. If you have a decent CPU you definitely don't need to.
In any case, while being a CoreAVC customer, I definitely want XBMC to be the perfect all-in-one solution. Big Grin
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here..0