• 4(current)
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here..
automated Wrote:Vista 32bit, ATI HD3200 onboard, downloaded the directx drivers from microsoft. rev22854

XBMC loads, but not properly full screen, can still see start bar down the bottom.
Music plays fine, movies start, sound works but no video, dts, dd etc working. Cannot skip forwards or back.

Interface is a little darker than GL, and not as smooth.

Using build 22870 I found that setting the resolution to Full Screen #2 resolved the issue of the start bar displaying (I have a single monitor setup).

All videos so far seem to play fine with the exception of 1080p wmv videos, but they were not working correct in the gl builds.

I have had some issues with dts, but usually restarting the movie or an exit and restart of xbmc resolves it. wmapro audio is still borked.

AzzX Wrote:The only problem I have is that the Fanart and Picture Slideshow Screensaver just shows a white screen.

Same issue here...

All in all though I'd say things are shaping up nicely.

System Specs:

Win7 Build 7100
Asus P5N7A-VM LGA 775
E7300 2.66
NVIDIA GeForce 9300
Onkyo TX-SR606
Sony Bravia 40"
-stoli-
I've just tried the latest build and only have 720p60 as an available resolution. Back to GL.
Hitcher Wrote:I've just tried the latest build and only have 720p60 as an available resolution. Back to GL.

is that how your monitor/tv is set up to? would be 1280x720 then.

if you set a different screen resolution, xbmc will follow you there..
cheers,azido :;):
The goal is to show only the default (i.e. native) resolution of the attached screen(s). No need for the user to see 10450 resolutions, 99.9% of which are useless to them.

Obviously this is separate from things like switching refreshrates on playback of video.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The goal is to show only the default (i.e. native) resolution of the attached screen(s). No need for the user to see 10450 resolutions, 99.9% of which are useless to them.

Obviously this is separate from things like switching refreshrates on playback of video.

Cheers,
Jonathan

yep. and i might add that is a perfect goal, as it also trims down guisettings.xml to only contain the really needed resolution settings.

i might add it actually adapts the screen resolution settings from the screen resolution you've set for the display, so even if your tv has a native resolution of 1360x768, you can set it to 1280x720 and xbmc will use that resolution then.
jmarshall Wrote:The goal is to show only the default (i.e. native) resolution of the attached screen(s).

I may well be jumping the gun here, but if it is to follow the current behavior that's not always the desired resolution in xbmc. In my case, I keep the desktop at a 1280x720 but use 1920x1080 for xbmc. As of the 22870 build, it will only allow selection of the resolution that the desktop is currently set to thereby not allowing 1920x1080...
-stoli-
seems like vertical sync don't work anymore.

also it don't set up fullscreen, i had to set it to windowed and then switch it back to fullscreen. next time it starts it's the same way.

and the strangest problem was pressing a letter in movie library mode it jumps to the movies with that letter. it's a feature i would like to have but noting else worked so couldn't start playing movie or even get back to the home screen. i playd a movie last night and when i woke up this morning it was like this. reverted back to my former build 225xx

XBMC-22870 (i guess this is a dx build by the fullscreen problem)
xp sp3. onboard ati hd3200. one screen setup
1920x1080 resolution
stoli Wrote:I may well be jumping the gun here, but if it is to follow the current behavior that's not always the desired resolution in xbmc. In my case, I keep the desktop at a 1280x720 but use 1920x1080 for xbmc. As of the 22870 build, it will only allow selection of the resolution that the desktop is currently set to thereby not allowing 1920x1080...

That's probably related to this problem:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57698
azido Wrote:is that how your monitor/tv is set up to? would be 1280x720 then.

if you set a different screen resolution, xbmc will follow you there..

jmarshall Wrote:The goal is to show only the default (i.e. native) resolution of the attached screen(s). No need for the user to see 10450 resolutions, 99.9% of which are useless to them.

Cheers,
Jonathan
My desktop resolution is 1280x720 because 1920x1080 makes everything too small on my plasma but I run XBMC at 1920x1080 for obvious reasons.

I've just found out it's the same with the standard (GL) release as well.
well have now the latest revision running. so far it seems that its uses less CPU power. (using latest directx as well) OS: winxp sp 3
but.

1 mediastream skin doesnt run anymore (requiers 2.10 highter -which isnt available) so i had to use mediastream mod skin
2 visualisation in music doesnt run anymore (xbmc is crashing then)
3 trailers (youtube, apple) dont run anymore (maybe due to mediastream skinHuh)

so please check the problem with mediastream (default) as mediastream mod isnt as good to use espacially on normal tvs (no font size increase available)

tia
leuchtkraft Wrote:1 mediastream skin doesnt run anymore (requiers 2.10 highter -which isnt available)

open skin.xml of mediastream and edit <version> to 2.11
or use mediastream redux and change font.xml to suit your needs.
azido Wrote:open skin.xml of mediastream and edit <version> to 2.11
or use mediastream redux and change font.xml to suit your needs.

thanx! will give it a try.
interesting sidenote: in a previous version of xbmc DX it worked with mediastream, in the latest one it doesnt..
Hitcher Wrote:My desktop resolution is 1280x720 because 1920x1080 makes everything too small on my plasma
Increase your DPI.
bb10 Wrote:Increase your DPI.
Looks crap and text doesn't resize.
Hitcher Wrote:Looks crap and text doesn't resize.
OS? What text doesn't resize?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here..0