Library/Collection export/import
Excuse the long message in advance, please, but I'm desperate with a problem that I don't know how to solve, and I'm afraid it's for real KODI experts. I need to fix this:

1. On a Kodi 19.4 PC with Estuary skin I have created a library/collection from a Google Drive Teamdrive; it took me months to finish scraping with TMDB Python for movies and series.

2. The idea is to be able to export it to another Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV, but it is impossible. When I click export library, I choose the "single file" option, and it creates a 1Gb file, accompanied by several folders with photos of movies, series and actors with weight of 30Gb. When I imported from Shield in any of the Kodi versions and with any skin, it crashes when it starts reading.

3. If when exporting I choose the option "separately" it is blocked, this time when exporting. I think I remember that it did it to me once, but when I finished exporting it put all the folders inside userdata mixed with the ones that already existed, so I got confused and I don't know which ones to use to transfer to the other Kodi. Where goes files when I export collection separately? Kodi doesn't ask me where I want to have these files.

4. Could I directly copy the folders from one site to another? In this case I see the typical Kodi userdata folders and subfolders in both "program files/Kodi" and "user/appdata/roaming/Kodi" (PC) and I don't know which ones to copy.

5. Which ones do I have to copy, or how would you do it?

THANK YOU
Exporting your video/music library is mainly for backup purposes. If you want to use the video library on a different Kodi setup, start by copying the sources.xml, mediasources.xml and passwords.xml files (if present) to the new setup. Also copy the userdata/Database folder and the userdata/Thumbnails folders + subfolders to the new setup. And install whatever add-on you may have for accessing Google Drive Teamdrive (perhaps there is internal support via Kodi, I don't know, I've never used Google Drive for media files).

You can best copy files via a PC and connecting to both Nvidia Shields via the SMB share option. Those need to be enabled in the Nvidia Shield. You will see the password appear. I can't remember the full path to Kodi on Android right now... It can be found in the Wiki.

Please note that you will have to update/scrape newly media files on both devices separately.
(2023-01-13, 12:07)tuporakyES Wrote: I choose the "single file" option,
Read the warnings about Single File option here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_lib...ingle_File
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library/Collection export/import0