[ATV] - Incompatible Skin message when using MediaStream with latest svn build r22528
I have updated Launcher 3.1 to have the latest svn builds available from sshcs.com. I installed r22528 last night but the MediaStream folder installed is empty. So I manually downloaded the skin from the website and installed it in

/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin/MediaStream

(I double=checked to ensure there was no double MediaStream folder)

But when I select the skin the Appearance settings, I get a message stating:

Incompatible skin. We require skins of version 2.10 or higher

Is this due to the fact that the MediaStream hasn't been updated?

If it is not useable in its current state, are there any recommendations for other skins? I like MediaStream's handling of the video library (i.e. breaking out the Movies and TV Shows to the home screen instead of having to go into Videos.)

Thanks for any input/suggestions.
MediaStream should work just fine as-is. Perhaps the install didn't quite go correctly?

Is skin.xml in existence for instance?

Also, you may wish to give MediaStream_Redux a go - looks like MediaStream, but uses the background image loading to the fullest, so it will be quite a bit snappier on the apple tv.

See the home page.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:MediaStream should work just fine as-is. Perhaps the install didn't quite go correctly?

Is skin.xml in existence for instance?

Jonathan,

Looks like you are right on the money. In looking inside the MediaStream folder, there is no skin.xml file present.

I'll download the skin again and install the skin.xml file.

jmarshall Wrote:Also, you may wish to give MediaStream_Redux a go - looks like MediaStream, but uses the background image loading to the fullest, so it will be quite a bit snappier on the apple tv.

See the home page.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I'll definitely install it and check it out.

Thanks for the guidance and suggestion!

Gilbert
Even I got this message while trying MediaStream. It was basic, but still thought worth to share.

MediaStream_Redux comes in rar format. While unraring in terminal, use x instead of e.
So basically use following,

$ unrar x MediaStream_Redux_1.0.rar

instead of

$unrar e MediaStream_Redux_1.0.rar

"e" flattens the directory structure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] - Incompatible Skin message when using MediaStream with latest svn build r225280