Video Library: Sort By date added or created of file!
Hi guys, do you know if there's a way to sort movies by date added to XBMC or date created of files? Thank you! Bye bye
up Tongue
You can do this via a smartplaylist - not quite what you want, but reasonably close.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Use file view, sort by date.
althekiller Wrote:Use file view, sort by date.

mmm yes i can use the file view but there isn't a way to see the date option in the library mode? I don't know... modifying something.. some files.. what files? Thank you. Bye bye
would love this feature in the library as well
I agree. It should be a sort option.
mmm we should add it... but i don't know what to modify to add it... someone know?
+1 for this view to be added
mmm no one know how to modify ourself the XBMC to add this option?
Quote:mmm no one know how to modify ourself the XBMC to add this option?

Learning C/C++ ?
BigBlack Wrote:mmm no one know how to modify ourself the XBMC to add this option?

I'd also like to have this option. For me it could also be used to show the date added when showing "recently added" films. I filled a ticket some months ago (#6031).

XBMC database needs to be changed in order to add this information, so it'll take a while to be implemented. Nothing you can do in the skin itself...
also see this ticket: #5542
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
I disagree, this option makes sense in "file view" library should not care about your filesystem, library should let you sort on actual metadata (like it already does) say "album year", "artist", even number of tracks in album if you want but not by "file size" , "file date" or whatever other standard Windows Explorer field.

Just my 0.1 cent
that makes no sense at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library: Sort By date added or created of file!0