Help needed with Transparency! V2 and Ember media manger
Hi Ronie, so even if i change put the files in the deprecated folder intot he 720p folder the flags must be put into the studio tag in the nfo anyways? Does ember or another media scraper not have an option to do this as to manually do over 400 movies is a ball ache.
joebrady Wrote:Of course! By default...That's what I meant. Nod

of course ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ronie how does skin based flagging work, better asking this as i learn that way Smile
I get native im guessing it passes the stream info and translates it into the media flags so if it detects an AVI file it will assume its Xvid and finds MP3 as the audio ect ect.

But how does the skin based flagging work?
Ultim8 Wrote:Hi Ronie, so even if i change put the files in the deprecated folder intot he 720p folder the flags must be put into the studio tag in the nfo anyways?
yes.
Ultim8 Wrote:Does ember or another media scraper not have an option to do this as to manually do over 400 movies is a ball ache.

no clue. since this method is deprecated i don't know if any media manager still supports it.
i know media info plus did at the time.

Ultim8 Wrote:Ronie how does skin based flagging work, better asking this as i learn that way Smile
I get native im guessing it passes the stream info and translates it into the media flags so if it detects an AVI file it will assume its Xvid and finds MP3 as the audio ect ect.

But how does the skin based flagging work?

xbmc will read the tags from the <studio> field and store them in the database.
this field should look like this in the .nfo file:
<studio>Rollercoaster Films / 480p / XVID / AC-3 / 6ch / </studio>

the skin will do some 'substring' matching on the studio data to display the proper flags.

for episodes, the <director> field is used.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok so it seems the patched version is the way to go so i have installed the patched version of the latest nightly builds but now it seems to be much slower.

Is there anything i can do to make it seem snappier, also now when i turn the xbox on i get an error:

Error

Python Script Failed

special://skin/scripts/Recentlyadded.py
Just turn off the most recent movies and most recent tv shows in the skin settings. As well make sure newest album is off too. That I hate to say it makes the Xbox really slow.

As well I would turn off the scan for new content when the xbox is turned on function. Just scan it when you need to.
i dont think that was working anyways hence the error but i have turned it off but still very slow even the RSS feed along the bottom is stuttering a bit.
Ultim8 Wrote:i dont think that was working anyways hence the error but i have turned it off but still very slow even the RSS feed along the bottom is stuttering a bit.

try here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53618
cheers ronie i will give that a go Wink
i personally think media flags are over rated anyway.
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
Ultim8 Wrote:Ok so it seems the patched version is the way to go so i have installed the patched version of the latest nightly builds but now it seems to be much slower.

Is there anything i can do to make it seem snappier, also now when i turn the xbox on i get an error:

Error

Python Script Failed

special://skin/scripts/Recentlyadded.py

The patched xbox version is NOT the way to go, imho. No I don't believe that native mediaflagging will ever run smooth on the xbox...

So my advice: use the xbox standard version in combination with a media manager at your pc. And due to ronie's excellent support for xbox users, we can have the mediaflags in Transparency Cool and still have a smooth XBMC.

About that python error: it's related to the weather.com plus script. Those two scripts conflict at boot when both enabled.
dynamix Wrote:The patched xbox version is NOT the way to go, imho. No I don't believe that native mediaflagging will ever run smooth on the xbox...

So my advice: use the xbox standard version in combination with a media manager at your pc. And due to ronie's excellent support for xbox users, we can have the mediaflags in Transparency Cool and still have a smooth XBMC.

About that python error: it's related to the weather.com plus script. Those two scripts conflict at boot when both enabled.

Hi Dynamix,

How do i get the media flagging to work if i use the non patched xbmc?
right just redone everything with the latest xbmc just release and its much smoother and working fine with the new patched version 22867 Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed with Transparency! V2 and Ember media manger0