Video Not Rendering
I'm using XBMC 9.11 on Windows XP SP3. The hardware is weak, but iTunes 7.6, VLC, and other software renders the video files in question just fine. It's a laptop with a Centrino 1.4GHz CPU, Intel 82855 GME graphics controller, and 1.5GB of RAM.

I installed XBMC, and then added my iTunes podcast directory to the Video Source library. It navigates the directories just fine, but when I select a .mp4 or .m4v file, all I get is a blank white screen. Audio works fine, seek and skip work as expected, but I can't *see* anything. Interestingly, if I take a screenshot, the screenshot window shows a picture, even though the main display area is still blank. Screenshot here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=46...=589130933

I also noticed the same quirk trying to watch streaming video from G4, The Onion, and others. Where do I start troubleshooting this bad boy? I'd like to try to set up VLC as an alternate renderer, too...is that a bad idea?
I forgot to mention my video driver version; Intel GMA: 6.14.10.3856, which is either the latest from Intel or the latest from Windows Update, and I can't recall which.
I have the exact same problem running xbmc on my laptop, It's an Acer Aspire Core Duo with Intel GMA 950 graphics and 1gig of ram. All other media players render video fine, MP, VLC, MPC etc.

XBMC runs lovely on my desktop but I just blank video on the laptop.
I'm no expert, but this strikes me as an ffmpeg problem. Any chance I can specify a different ffmpeg library or location?
I had this problem too.

I found that XBMC requires a graphics card powerful enough to handle Pixel Shading greater than or equal to 2.0. My laptop is from about 2004 and I found my card only handled Pixel Shading 1.3. I think we are fresh out of luck until we get new computers.
Or you can try updating your Directx drivers, but this didn't help for me.
I didn't notice this until later, but installing XBMC 9.11 also broke my audio on VLC. Sorry XBMC, we're just not ready for each other yet.
i also have the white screen on an hp evoN610c laptop, VLC & Itunes work fine.
XBMC works on my big video server and plays some of the newer titles avaiable (9.11 fixed some issues I had with an older verson and works well so far) I would like to watch on the laptop . . . just wondering if there will be a fix comming?
I did load the directX with no change,,,
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...f_video.3F

we need someone to code the software rendering then it'll fixed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Just wanted those to know version 8 of xbmc worked on my oldest laptop n6110 (had to find msrv71.dll ) and I thought I loaded ver 10 on my newer widescreen compac not sure of the model# I saw it load direct X but it looks like version 9 worked I had all 3 setup files in 1 directory so who knows but both computers link to my video server and play the newer formats that VLC would not,,, (I had not set up the laptops before but it is nice to stream video over the wireless)
THANKS XBMC Team...
this is listed as a bug in http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7496

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Not Rendering0