New KML site: Onlinestreams
hello,

today, after 2 days "fixing" my kitchen, i'd managed to add some extra features in the webbased interface.
it's possible now to change items like playerid,nickname,realname, etc.
so you don't have to re-register, if your playerid has changed, or for example when your "fixed" ip-adress has changed.
also it's possible to volonteer for a reviewer function.
i've to implement the actual functionality what a reviewer can do, but it's gonna be some basic "screening". to prevent dead/nonworking streams into the main stream...kml based..

many many more ideas, and todo's, but time is the issue.

ps: i'm not sure (sponsored) hosting will happen soon, as it looks i'm on a dead end, with a potential sponsor. a vital php-part for onlinestreams is missing at this moment with the sponsor. i'm still waiting on a reaction, and i'm hoping this item fill get "fixed".

greetings,
the site has moved!

hi,

i just activated my onlinestreams site on:

http://www.onlinestreams.nl/ (browser)
the kml site is at http://www.onlinestreams.nl/kml.php

your browser and/or kmlbrowser should be redirected to the correct current site.

please update your kml browser url, or download the latest version from my site, which has the updated url included.

the new site is sponsored, and you will find that details on the new url.

so at this point the onlinestreams site should be more reliable and faster access.

greetings,
hi,

for the (free) registered users:
i created a new fullyloaded version (20041017).

registered users can download it as soon, there logged on, and you have to modify the playerid, in the kmlbrowser.py script.

a link to log on is on:
http://www.onlinestreams.nl/

greetings,

arjan

ps: i'm busy with some personal hardware problems, which i hope i have them fixed now, so further functionality is still planned, and still not implemented.
so please when your kml browser script is pointing to my home pc (at iafilius.xs4all.nl), change it to http://www.onlinestreams.nl/kml.php !
a small update..

a few updates where implemented, mainly cosmetic changes on the html browser based part: it looks like a website now Smile.

have a look yourself if you're interested.

the kml engine hasn't changed noticeable _yet_.
(iafilius @ oct. 28 2004,19:59 Wrote:a small update..

a few updates where implemented, mainly cosmetic changes on the html browser based part: it looks like a website now Smile.

which link is this updated file? start posts links to simplekml and when i login at your site i see simplekml-20041005.py which appears to be from october 5th.
(kees667 @ oct. 30 2004,09:33 Wrote:
(iafilius @ oct. 28 2004,19:59 Wrote:a small update..

which link is this updated file? start posts links to simplekml and when i login at your site i see simplekml-20041005.py which appears to be from october 5th.
simplekml-20041005.py is the most current for onlinestreams.

on top of the original version it has some extra "features"
-a playerid + etc. is implemented (same way kiss)
-the numeric keys work
-the http user-agent is surpressed, (like kiss)

i hope zilvershadow will include it one day in the official/original version.
btw finally you can edit your own posted stream(s) on the website.
it makes testing/correcting a lot easier.
another small note:

you can recover your register credentials by youself now, if you know your registered email adress.

so no need to re-register or to "bother" me.

greetings,
hi,

this is a very nice combination of programs,
just registered and can see that it worked in the "list my info" on the xbox and i can login at the web site.

howver, one question: is it already possible to add bookmarks on the web site?

i go to view/edit your portals, but after that there is nothing to select or add?

greetings,

john

hi again,

just found out that in simplekmlbrowser after playing the stream i have the possibility to add the stream to the bookmarks. great! fun watching the nos journal so easyli. so i giuess that at the moment you can only add bookmarks through the xbax.

anyway, thanks a lot
(smouge @ oct. 31 2004,08:33 Wrote:hi,

this is a very nice combination of programs,
just registered and can see that it worked in the "list my info" on the xbox and i can login at the web site.

howver, one question: is it already possible to add bookmarks on the web site?

i go to view/edit your portals, but after that there is nothing to select or add?

greetings,

john

hi again,

just found out that in simplekmlbrowser after playing the stream i have the possibility to add the stream to the bookmarks. great! fun watching the nos journal so easyli. so i giuess that at the moment you can only add bookmarks through the xbax.

anyway, thanks a lot
hi,

at this moment it isn't yet possible to add bookmarks via the website.
you can do it in the kml browser only for the moment.

if you didn't post any portal, there is nothing to view or edit.
use the "post a new portal" link for that, or "view all portals"

greetings,
thanks for the explanation.
i just added a "genre" selection.
so you don't have to search on continent/country anymore.
everthing might not yet in the correct genre groups.

i'm still thinking how to implemtent the extra slection criteria (only tv streams, or only mms streams for example).
ideas for the wanted look&feel are welkome.

greetings,
hi,

yesterday i implemtented a "media type" selection, it's possible to select on media type (radio/tv/video_clip/etc) and stream type (mms/shoutcast/etc).

these 3 main selections/entrances is what i think the main part.
cross-linking is in my mind to bring a "perfect" selection meganism.

well, see what's there -and what's not- at the kml pages.
still much work todo (to implement many more ideas).

ps: i didn't yet update the screenshots page. so nothing is to see there.

greetings,

arjan.
just wanted to say i appreciate all your work. totally cool feature! :kickass:
(gerner @ nov. 05 2004,18:31 Wrote:just wanted to say i appreciate all your work. totally cool feature! :kickass:
thanks! such posts keep me going.

at this point i'm able the present a working "crosslinked" search meganism in the onlinestreams kml pages.

it's not completely finished yet (i've to "fix" some counters etc).

if you want a look&feel, it's in "developement onlinestreams" only.

greetings,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New KML site: Onlinestreams0