New KML site: Onlinestreams
i'm confused.
first of all, i registered & downloaded the "package" from your site, not that i needed it i just wanted to check what it was. it had a -different- version of simplekml.py from the one in this topic (no playerid in that one)

then after starting to modify the .py, i ask myself, why not put the playerid as a variable, so you only have to config it once? i'd do it, but i'm not sure how to put a variable in the middle of the url string
edit: gonna try " + macid + " instead of xxxxxxxxxxx (which i defined with macid = a number earlier in the script)

and whats the difference between this and webradio2/kml browser ?

thanks for your time

pikeImage

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(pike @ nov. 06 2004,05:28 Wrote:i'm confused.
first of all, i registered & downloaded the "package" from your site, not that i needed it i just wanted to check what it was. it had a -different- version of simplekml.py from the one in this topic (no playerid in that one)

then after starting to modify the .py, i ask myself, why not put the playerid as a variable, so you only have to config it once? i'd do it, but i'm not sure how to put a variable in the middle of the url string
edit: gonna try " + macid + " instead of xxxxxxxxxxx (which i defined with macid = a number earlier in the script)

and whats the difference between this and webradio2/kml browser ?

thanks for your time

pikeImage
the main difference is now the kmlbrowse.py script (which is the default "webradio" button.

the differences are noted in the file:
# modified by [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
# -added faked kiss playerid
# -make numeric keys working
# -removed http user-agent

and the playerid and playerbrand are variables.

i hope this helps.

greetings,
ok, let me just make one observation. please keep the first post updated with latest code, think problem was that i assumed it was accurate & up-to-date
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(pike @ nov. 06 2004,09:37 Wrote:ok, let me just make one observation. please keep the first post updated with latest code, think problem was that i assumed it was accurate & up-to-date
hi,

thanks for the feedback.

now all links points to the same (current) .py file on the webserver.
(changed the files on the webserver for it)

greetings,
hi, this is a great script! i have registrered, and added a couple of streams, and it works fine, i can watch them on my xbox!

but my question is, how does the portals work? is the streams from the portals automatically added to the streams list? can we open them in simplekml? or is it just to post links to sites where we can find other streams?

a little of topic:
i have created a stream video_clip named angora
http://www.dr.dk/skum/_arkiv/angora/angora_2_20.asx

when i play it in realone player it looks ok, and the sound is decent, but when i play it in simplekml, the sound is awfull, and so is the picture quality. it's the same bad quality if i play it in windows media player 9.

why is that, and is there a way to make it play in a decent quality in simplekml?
(knazz @ nov. 09 2004,15:46 Wrote:hi, this is a great script! i have registrered, and added a couple of streams, and it works fine, i can watch them on my xbox!

but my question is, how does the portals work? is the streams from the portals automatically added to the streams list? can we open them in simplekml? or is it just to post links to sites where we can find other streams?

a little of topic:
i have created a stream video_clip named angora
http://www.dr.dk/skum/_arkiv/angora/angora_2_20.asx

when i play it in realone player it looks ok, and the sound is decent, but when i play it in simplekml, the sound is awfull, and so is the picture quality. it's the same bad quality if i play it in windows media player 9.

why is that, and is there a way to make it play in a decent quality in simplekml?
thanks, thanks to zilvershadow, i just created the "applicationserver-part", and some mod's to the original script.

now your question:
the "portals" is just a tip, where you can find additional streams.
no automatic import is done :|.
but i'd like to do an import of streampack one time.

about the quality:
i noticed a recent xbmc, with a recent codecs is much better then a while ago. i didn't test your stream _yet_ however.

greetings,
i noticed that when i changed my connection speed to t1 in windows mediaplayer, the quality was the same as in realone.

so it must be becuase the "connectionspeed-setting" in xbmc is to low, but how do i change that?

btw i use version 1.1 i think it's compiled around the 25th oct.
(knazz @ nov. 09 2004,17:26 Wrote:i noticed that when i changed my connection speed to t1 in windows mediaplayer, the quality was the same as in realone.

so it must be becuase the "connectionspeed-setting" in xbmc is to low, but how do i change that?

btw i use version 1.1 i think it's compiled around the 25th oct.
hi, i'm afraight i can't help you with the connection speed part, but i'm rather curious too!

greetings,

arjan
(iafilius @ nov. 08 2004,18:07 Wrote:
(pike @ nov. 06 2004,09:37 Wrote:ok, let me just make one observation. please keep the first post updated with latest code, think problem was that i assumed it was accurate & up-to-date
hi,

thanks for the feedback.

greetings,
are you sure? you didnt edit the first post (or maybe you dont have access right to edit your own post? if thats the case, let me know)

it still says
Quote:download a preconfigured kml browser on:
http://www.onlinestreams.nl/software/simplekml.py
(don't forget you replace your uniqe playerid)
but simplekml is not the file where you edit the playerid anymore?!

see what i mean with confusing?

(pike @ nov. 09 2004,17:42 Wrote:
(iafilius @ nov. 08 2004,18:07 Wrote:
hi,

thanks for the feedback.

greetings,
are you sure? you didnt edit the first post (or maybe you dont have access right to edit your own post? if thats the case, let me know)

it still says
Quote:download a preconfigured kml browser on:
http://www.onlinestreams.nl/software/simplekml.py
(don't forget you replace your uniqe playerid)
but simplekml is not the file where you edit the playerid anymore?!

see what i mean with confusing?
hello pike,

i'm sure all .py files on the webserver are exactly the same.
and yes please edit your playerid.

and sure i can edit my own posts, but not the quoted ones, so people still may be confused. (i'm not sure it is the case here).

and ok i'd changed the first post now.

greetings,

arjan
just wanted to complement you on the awesome work you’ve done on this script so far. =] :bowdown:
great work!

fyi - the possibilities would be so many with a better (not "simple") kml browser developed in python (today only some other kml sites work in a limited manner).

the onlinestreams site/portal would be the perfect starting point...

for the possibilities out there, take a look at the following compilation of kml sites/portals!!!!

http://kissportal.pl/directory/index.php

cheers
(hypoluxa @ nov. 23 2004,00:17 Wrote:just wanted to complement you on the awesome work you’ve done on this script so far. =] :bowdown:
thanks hypoluxa,

but the credits for the script go to zilvershadow.
i'd (with some help from others too) just done little work to make it more suiteable for my kml onlinestreams site.
o man,

nice work iaf Smile

xbmc-script-junkie,
beef
hi,

a new "major" feature is avialable now:
-selection on language.

now it's possible to select on:
-continent
-country
-mediatype
-streamprotocol
-genre
-subgenre
and on language now.

i didn't update the screenshots _yet_.

working at this moment at implementing selecting on a minimum bitrate and/or a maximum bitrate.

greetings,

arjan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New KML site: Onlinestreams0