• 37(current)
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
chunkhead Wrote:Seems everything is fine now...

Just tried a clean install on 9.10, just as chunkhead did.
Everything installs fine but the skins, only Confluence gets installed.
When I insert a DVD or CD into the Asrock 330HT ... nothing happens, does it need setting up specifically ?

As well, I can't get a USB Hard Drive Detected either. Sad

Do I need to install "DVD player"
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
osirisjem Wrote:When I insert a DVD or CD into the Asrock 330HT ... nothing happens, does it need setting up specifically ?

As well, I can't get a USB Hard Drive Detected either. Sad

Do I need to install "DVD player"

I'm having similar issues, also the power button on the case does nothing too.

Supposedly Karmic is different and both these are not working with XBMC.

I cannot shutdown the machine unless I hold the power button in. DVD player recognises disc, however will not play nor release the disc...
Very Sad, I am surprised we are the first to report this on this thread.

I see some other reports.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...yer+Karmic
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
chunkhead Wrote:I'm having similar issues .....

You might want to try this.

[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...asrock+330
I am downloading it.
osirisjem Wrote:You might want to try this.

[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...asrock+330
I am downloading it.

What...

Why has nobody told me about this... WOW!!!

This will save me so much time! Installs great, no issues with shutdown, xbox remote configures easily, DVDs work great! Just made my life a lot better!

I'm glad I learned the hard way though. I did a few installs manually, quite a few with the script and now this! Awesome!

Cheers
Sorry guys, I've been real busy on a new project of mine lately called MiniPedia. Be sure to check it out.
Also, I'm currently on vacation which does not make it easy for me to work on XBMScript because I have no machine to test on. Anyway, the Karmic Koala version is almost fully ready with updated code and routines, new skins and all kinds of other stuff.

Keep you posted!

Dennis
XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Installing XBMC on Ubuntu can't get easier than this!
Before posting error/feature questions regarding XBMScript, read THIS
Run as root. Don't be a pussy
Thanks for the update Dennis. I still haven't activated my ASROCK as yet but I'm sure I do this once your new script is out and hopefully everything will work as much as it can. Your new project is looking good by the way. Enjoy your vacation mate, ceers!
meanwhile there's a new script that's growing up real fast check my signature for link. Enjoy.
Hi All!

I've changed the keyboard of my setup and I'm having a few problems to change the layout...
I was able to change the layout in command line, by installing the package console-data and then running "dpkg-reconfigure console-data". This works fine to change the keyboard layout in command line, but make no difference in XBMC.
Searching in Google, I found instructions to use the command setxkbmap, but the output for this is:

Code:
Cannot open display "default display"
So, how can I change the keyboard layout in XBMC (minimal install, whitout any other graphical interface) from US International to Brazilian's ABNT2?

Thanks in advance.
when will there be a new version with the new xbmc version?

A all in one skript for DVB ink VDR will be fine.
so i was looking through this script, and noticed some funny things.

im just wondering why these are in there, i didnt bother to read all through and see if/when/why they are called but still

Code:
echo Setting up FTP...!
  apt-get install vsftpd -y
  useradd -d /data -m aurigahd -p sa9/lpYAc9V8A

Code:
#pc
  echo "ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAIEApPaKkGfYAN83VH8BiPVBcXjzs/ot0wYtiOqKfYWwlWsJq+pgyEEqJjoHJQqgyB/F000qjrP2HNsSwm/poFHL4x2rRPWuaO3bKR68fneNsoACQ+i/I9he6O9xVPb+ISyDeSvkEFg3VexD8mlxfb1DPPTQzr7BymfzFFpDzCfJAPk= rsa-key-20091003" >> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
  #laptop
  echo "ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAIEAmRjlCdgM+cmanHOI6Vq4GXbBhp2pyiAXW2jlXeNNTta0xu7/FNi2ldMj9YBOE/z6HI+ou681ENbOqyVtLS9KDE2RgS2vI5w+F+77rH680McZdQwUgkAA/9nStIVExthnA8qIqY0bw9f6p1w8ybbIU3xIJlAS+7Xd29LHW89lhU8= rsa-key-20091005" >> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
  chmod 644 ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
  chown -R xbmc:xbmc ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
  STATUS='\E[1;32m\033[1mAuriga Preparation finished!\033[0m'
There will probably be no new version with the 10 release because I'm working as well on XCI. The stuff that you mention is just some stuff to ease personal installations, pub keys and such, nothing interesting Smile They are called when you type "sysprep" in the menu.
XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Installing XBMC on Ubuntu can't get easier than this!
Before posting error/feature questions regarding XBMScript, read THIS
Run as root. Don't be a pussy
Ya, FLX is working on XCI python addon for xbmc, which basically is XCI but can run both from terminal and from xbmc.
For progress on that only FLX can say.

As for XCI as you know it, I'm working on it by myself, andy has disappeared and noone is helping with this massive script, so lucid support is slow coming, specially since not even xbmc is not really working that well in lucid minimal. I however started working towards this end, realistically speaking, minimal karmic+xci is the way to go for now.

I've updated XCI and have added Team iQuik PPA's (something I been working for a long while), 256 driver, 5.1 higher audio setup, 1.0.23 alsa, sabnzbd+ 0.50 (backport), vsftpd and added Asrock HT remote fixes for certain kernels amongst a zillion other changes & tweaks.

To come I will add further NFS client shares automount at some stage to add to the already NFS stuff in XCI, since smb is not all that.

As for VDR, if anyone wants that all they need to do is change the current official repositories for xbmc and add the vdr repositories instead on the script, I have 0 interest, need or hardware to test it and since all the donations were already spent on adding other hardware support, I cant afford to buy anymore stuff so direct testing is not possible.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)5