• 24(current)
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
I've try 3 different key servers today and none has worked for me:

pgp.mit.edu
pool.sks-keyservers.net
subkeys.pgp.net

After a few hours of frustration, I give-up and installed the XBMC Live with NVidia driver 185.18.14, manual install the vsftpd and transferred a few movies to test it.

Will give another try soon, but, for now I want to enjoy this little box.

Thanks everyone.
Evin Wrote:It would be great if someone, who knows what he's doing, can upload a fixed an working script on pastebins.

Here, this should solve your problems. I used it yesterday.

BAND-AID Fixed Script including LIBASS

All credit goes to "flxfxp"
THANK YOU AND FLXFXP!!!

It works great now!

But now I have another problem, not releated with the script: when I plug the ASRock to my TV it doesn't show option of 1080p60 (or 1080i, 720p etc.). Of course, the TV is 1080p Big Grin

When I plut to my PC monitor (Samsung 245T), using the same HDMI cable, it automatic switch to 1080p60 and several other resolution is available in options. Also, the TV works great @ 1080p with my PS3 and my desktop, both connected with HDMI cable.

This has happened with XBMC Live, so I'm thinking maybe XBMC doesn't like my TV...

Anyone can point me a solution?

Thanks in advance.
FireMan Wrote:THANK YOU AND FLXFXP!!!

It works great now!

But now I have another problem, not releated with the script: when I plug the ASRock to my TV it doesn't show option of 1080p60 (or 1080i, 720p etc.). Of course, the TV is 1080p Big Grin

When I plut to my PC monitor (Samsung 245T), using the same HDMI cable, it automatic switch to 1080p60 and several other resolution is available in options. Also, the TV works great @ 1080p with my PS3 and my desktop, both connected with HDMI cable.

This has happened with XBMC Live, so I'm thinking maybe XBMC doesn't like my TV...

Anyone can point me a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Are you going straight to TV or are you passing through an A/V receiver?

Which Nvidia drivers did you use? There is supposedly a bug in 190.42...

So if you chose option 3 or "190" maybe try to reinstall using option 2 or 185. 185 ALSO gives you LPCM over HDMI if you are hooking up to an AV receiver.
Hi, can I use an XBOX DVD remote created by this way? http://opensourceeffects.net/OSE/node/4

Thanks,
sierradump Wrote:Are you going straight to TV or are you passing through an A/V receiver?

Which Nvidia drivers did you use? There is supposedly a bug in 190.42...

So if you chose option 3 or "190" maybe try to reinstall using option 2 or 185. 185 ALSO gives you LPCM over HDMI if you are hooking up to an AV receiver.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!
The ASRock is connected directly to TV, since I still in tests stage…
Talking about tests, I've made a crazy test, to verify the possibility of 1080p60 using this particular TV (LG 42LG60FR). I place my Samsung 245T on side of the TV, start the ASRock connected to it and get 1080p. Then I suspend it an change the HDMI cable from the Samsung to the TV.
Works! I was able to see the TV @ 1080p60.

I'm not quite sure about this problem be limited to 190 drivers (I’m running with 190.42), since the exact same problem happened with XBMC Live and 180.18.14. Anyway, I will give a try with 185 drivers. But, fist, I will test this version (190) in others TVs to be sure.

Thanks again.
All right I've been screwing around with my setup for roughly 35 hours and I need some help. I've tried various other methods and now I'm here. I'm trying to have my aspire revo dual boot xbmc on a mininum install of ubuntu(jaunty) and windows 7. Now I've been trying to use the band aid version of this script with no luck. Heres how I've been trying:

Download original, download update, open both in notepad and copy/paste text in.

Then I ftp it to my ubuntu setup (/home/xbmc) and try to run and i get a file not found error. But I can ftp over the original and run that, am i missing something in formatting? I have changed it to run as executable but it says file not found which is BS
I still think rather I know for a fact the only issue with this script is besides the improvements it could sport, the biggest problem that makes it fail is related to keyservers not putting out the code signing keys, please guys loo at the post from page 31 onward for fixes.

brokenapostle

Dont use FTP or SFTP as root to mod files such as that. Use editor like nano or vim for this. I have no idea why sftp or ftp puts out this error but I guess its because the file was made executable previously? Maybe perhaps dont really care since I use internal editors and only use sftp loging in as root to mod some other non .sh files
Sigh, I'm going to fix it when I have the time, which is an issue at the moment, since I have none.
XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Installing XBMC on Ubuntu can't get easier than this!
Before posting error/feature questions regarding XBMScript, read THIS
Run as root. Don't be a pussy
I know I'm going to sound like an idiot here, but I'll ask anyways.

I installed this script last night and I get the XBMC logo and then it dumps to console on my AsRock Ion 330.

Now there have been reports that there is a problem with the script and it needs updated. Could my problem be related or is it something else? I only tried it once last night, but I'm going to give it a try again this after noon at lunch and I've carefully gone through this entire topic and made some notes, which is why I really love cut and paste, but honestly there is a lot of different things going on and well I kinda got. Huh

Anyways I'm not a Linux expert by any means so if my problem sounds releated please let me know if so I'll try and grab the other script that was posted up to pastebin.

Edit: Ah sounds just like me.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=431...tcount=307

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=432...tcount=322
Another question. If this script is fixed or if others use the one that is posted at Pastebin and if keyservers are changed again for some odd reason would that break the SVN Update install method from the script or just the Initial install? Or are the files kept in the same location.

I'm only asking because if the script works one day and for some reason its not kept up in say 6months would that erase an install of XBMC or is it simply because of a change in the SVN that I know XMC did a while ago?

If so is there a method or can there be a method put in place that checks first. Just to make sure things are not deleted? Or am I just confused about the entire project. hahahaha Wink
Hi all...

First : Thank you for your work with this script , i for one appreciate them .

Second : is the script on page 35 ( Band Aid script ) the one you get when you "wget http://flx.me/script; chmod +x xbmscript.sh; sudo ./xbmscript.sh" . ?

Third : refer to point 1 Smile
Ok, I took the bandaided script off pastebin and threw it up on my server

wget http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/script/xbmscript.sh

I did not do anything other than copy and paste it on to my site. I ran it and installed the 185 drivers today. Yesterday I tried it a few times with the 190 drivers and it would not load. I don't know if there was an issue yesterday or just with me, but I got the 185 to load just now.

Remote works, I haven't been able to get audio to work over HDMI as of yet, nor over the speaker jack. I'm running the AsRock Ion 330.
kizer,

run alsa mixer. There is one of the exits (without level) that is need to be marked to make the sound works in HDMI. The exit name has nothing to do with HDMI...

Regards.
i've used your script before and basically... IT ROCKS.
but like some others i've hit some snags lately and decided to start over....

if i use the script:
wget http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/script/xbmscript.sh

should it be on a jaunty minimal or karmic minimal?

and then for the install i know to just do xbmc as the user and only the basic server and OpenSSH

thanks !
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)5