If anyone wants to finish Alaska...
Here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zkdidmwvgcm

As most of you have probably figured out, despite whatever optimistic comments I've made, I have no time any more for XBMC. None whatsoever. My personal and professional lives have reached that point, and I've frankly fallen out of love with the whole thing anyway. I knew when I started looking at other media centres for a good long-term interface (and didn't find one, of course) that it was time to stop pretending.

So here's the small amount Alaska that came together, which basically contains the content of that old video and little more. If someone wants to pull some folks together and make a coordinated effort to finish it, they're welcome. And if people would rather just make piecemeal changes and do whatever, then go right ahead.

I'll consider myself a consumer from now on, waiting impatiently (of course!) for phyek and minimalko to finish their opus, which must be a no-brainer for best up-and-coming XBMC skin. Just knowing how phyek works and how high he sets his standards leaves me in little doubt.

I doubt I'll visit these forums much more, if at all. The Aeon/Alaska website, meanwhile, will be edited to reflect the reality of things.

Thanks, then, for entertaining me over the last year or so - it's been fun. Over and out.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
Well damn, so long and thanks for all the fish!

In all seriousness thanks for all your efforts Duncan, your talents will be missed.
-stoli-
:O
Thanks for all your hard work.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Guess we might as well go ahead and open an "Alaska" forum...Rolleyes
Let the mods begin.:p
Well that sucks but then again I've been dieing to play with one of these new skins that have been in development.
Well mcborzu Ellipsis is almost here, Xperience (which both are obviously being underestimated immensely) has a massive following here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45768, you'll get to play with WORKING, not HALF done, or BARELY working version of them soon.
Oh dont underestimate my anticipation for Xperience I've been watching that thread since it was at 300 views and I have accounted for probably 1-2k in views just myself. Love your orginal mockups for that skin and how it's developing so far...

Alaska was the other skin that really had my attention...
I was definitely a fan of Alaska and had high hopes for it, hopefully someone (or a group of individuals) will pick it up and finish the skin as it definitely looked quite promising.

On the other side of things, Im definitely amped to see Xperience see the light of day, and being fully completed and officially released!!
Thanx for everything
mcborzu Wrote:Oh dont underestimate my anticipation for Xperience I've been watching that thread since it was at 300 views and I have accounted for probably 1-2k in views just myself. Love your orginal mockups for that skin and how it's developing so far...

Alaska was the other skin that really had my attention...

I think its safe to say a lot of us are in the same thinking Nod
Duncan, thank you for all you’ve done for the XBMC community. The XBMC community lost it's best designer tonight.
Any chance of at least giving us an idea of how you intended the rest of the skin to look?
Thanks dhj for all the work you've put in and for helping to spread XBMC to so many with Aeon. Good luck wherever you go, you will be missed. Come back any time Smile

TheUni
Hitcher Wrote:Any chance of at least giving us an idea of how you intended the rest of the skin to look?

Well, if you can stumble your way to the up/down menu in one of the media views, you'll see how that was intended to work. All text with some slick little fade and zoom stuff happening. The context menus would have been the same, basically, but with a vertical orientation.

I had no ideas at all for any other sections that aren't in the video or code you've got there. That said, I think what is there should at least give someone a firm indication.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
DJH,

You will forever be appreciated and remembered, because of your efforts I think everyone in the community stepped up their game as far as skins, and XBMC turned into not just a way to get to the videos, but a way to really show off an interface. You were the inspiration for all that and everything that is to come. I thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If anyone wants to finish Alaska...0