• 6(current)
[RELEASE] The Big Picture (Pictures) Plugin
Hi,

thanks pyrocyd and Johnnyfive for testing!

next beta in a few days Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Hi again,

I did a few changes in the skin. It would be nice if you could have a look and give feedback if you like the visible changes or not Smile

You can download beta2 here: http://sphere-xbmc-addons.googlecode.com....0b2-2.zip

there are only minor changes in the code, it works like the beta 1:
- For an update of the list of albums/pictures press the context menu button ('c' on keyboard). Temporarily I added an indication label while updating - this wont be needed in the stable version.

If you have suggestions in improving the skin, you are welcome...

thanks
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Hi Sphere, good work on the update, looking good Smile

One suggestion I could make about the skin is to place the infolabels and the label background textures outside of the actual container. By doing this it will make only the pictures scroll, while the labels remain in place while scrolling. When not scrolling the labels will look exactly the same, but it makes the whole experience while scrolling smoother and calmer.

When placing the label outside of the list you can use:

<label>$INFO[Container(100).ListItem(0).Label]</label>

Just a suggestion, keep up the good work Smile

Greetings,
Jeroen
Jeroen Wrote:One suggestion I could make about the skin is to place the infolabels and the label background textures outside of the actual container.

Hi Jeroen,

thanks for your comment - I will think about this Smile

You have definitly more skinning knowlage then me, perhaps you can answer me two Questions:
1. Do you see any possibility to have any kind of scrolling or animation when switching the sources (with up and down)?
2. the same with entering an album and going back...

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I'm afraid not. The only way I think would be by using multiple containers, so you could do an animation on exiting one container and another animation on the one being opened. But that would be very inefficient code-wise on the skin and the add-on itself. If XBMC would allow having more than 1 active container I think it would be easier, but it can't unfortunately.
Is there any way to view the pictures of an album in slideshow?

It would be nice Smile

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I released a Version 1.4.0-beta3. Changes are:
- Update is now running in background (multithread)
- small fixes and cleanups

It would be very nice if some if you could test it and give feedback that everything works like expected.

You can download this beta here: http://sphere-xbmc-addons.googlecode.com....4.0b3.zip

thanks
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Hi all,

are there any comments to the newest version? Works anything as expected?

Please have a special look at:
- All Albums have the right order
- The Addon exists correct

thanks
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Just installed 1.40b3
Everything is OK here, the order is the same as in the boston blog, and it doesn't crash on exiting the plugin or exiting XBMC.

Same as xezpeleta two posts above, a big picture screensaver in XBMC or some sort of automatic slideshow would be awesome !
colvert Wrote:Just installed 1.40b3
Everything is OK here, the order is the same as in the boston blog, and it doesn't crash on exiting the plugin or exiting XBMC.

Same as xezpeleta two posts above, a big picture screensaver in XBMC or some sort of automatic slideshow would be awesome !

+1

I'd set it as my screensaver.
Hi sphere, is there any way you could add the ability for a user to show/hide the album/picture description? Basically the same way one would do when watching a movie (so by pressing "i") ?

Greetings,
Jeroen
Jeroen Wrote:Hi sphere, is there any way you could add the ability for a user to show/hide the album/picture description? Basically the same way one would do when watching a movie (so by pressing "i") ?

Yes, please!
Jeroen Wrote:... is there any way you could add the ability for a user to show/hide the album/picture description? Basically the same way one would do when watching a movie (so by pressing "i") ?

Hi,

I am not sure that i can fully understand your request Rolleyes
At the moment you can show/hide all the text. I could change this behaviour to the following:
Switch with the info key through these modes:
1. Show Header (Sourcetitle, Album/Picturetitle, x/y pictures/albums) + Descritption + Pic
2. Show Header + Pic
3. Show only Pic
(after that back to 1)

Is this what you want?

regards
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Hi Sphere!
Let me try to explain. With the reFocus skin, I cannot get rid of the bottom info screen when viewing an album. Pressing the info button does not work. Actually, no button on my MCE remote will hide the info.

spencers Wrote:Hi Sphere!
Let me try to explain. With the reFocus skin, I cannot get rid of the bottom info screen when viewing an album. Pressing the info button does not work. Actually, no button on my MCE remote will hide the info.

Hi,

which version of my addon are you using? The Beta from my googlecode site or the stable from the official repo?

I'm wondering that this doesn't work - you should be able with both version to hide all the text with the info-key.

Can you please try it with confluence and give me feedback?
I will try with reFocus tomorrow (I'm not at home atm).

thanks,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Big Picture (Pictures) Plugin1