Apple TV Intro/Start-up Video
Hello friends,
I'm currently trying to streamline my Apple TV interface. I want to turn on the unit and see the great little intro movie and then have my library of films show up right after. So basically I want XBMC to automatically start-up, play an intro movie and then open the movies section. I've looked everywhere on these forums and found countless broken links to info on the Startup Video script. I'm new to xbmc so I'm learning as I go along. I don't know where else to turn at this point. I would think this is an easy fix. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks.
TheRightStoph Wrote:Hello friends,
I'm currently trying to streamline my Apple TV interface. I want to turn on the unit and see the great little intro movie and then have my library of films show up right after. So basically I want XBMC to automatically start-up, play an intro movie and then open the movies section. I've looked everywhere on these forums and found countless broken links to info on the Startup Video script. I'm new to xbmc so I'm learning as I go along. I don't know where else to turn at this point. I would think this is an easy fix. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks.

Not possible, XBMC has no default "play intro" video method.
Hey davilla,
Thanks for the swift response.
My apologies, I don't think I was too clear on what I'm attempting to do. To simplify my muttering, all I'm trying to do is replace the "Splash.png" and sound (XBMC logo that is displayed upon starting up the program) with an Apple Intro avi that I have. From what I understand, you can use a script Autoexec.py (automatically executes on startup) which calls to Video.py that will initiate a player to play Startup.avi. This is just what I gathered from what remains of the posts and broken links.
As far as the Apple TV booting right into XBMC, I've figured out that part and it works great. I just think it would be very cool to have a seamless transition into the GUI that reflects the hardware I'm using. Let's be honest that xbmc splash/intro is starting to look dated and bland. If I ever get the time I'd like to spice it up with an animation.
Anywho, thanks a lot davilla for the incite.
Just an update: I've come across several people on the forum who claim to have this feature working with the xTV skin. Here is a link to one (look near the bottom of the page).
http://www.martin-gardner.co.uk/tutorial...r-appletv/
I know it's old and on an xbox, but the possibility remains the same. Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV Intro/Start-up Video0