Changing filesource / location in database?
Question 
hi,

i had to move some movies from my local drive to a nas-device.
now xbmc, asks me, if i wanna delete the entries as the files cant be found any longer...

the nas-device works fine and movies that were entered in the database with that location work fine as well.

is there a comfortable way to edit the database?
i guess the file to edit is videodb.xml?

ludwigvan
The location of the video is part of the information that is stored when you scan a movie. Since you moved locations, it thinks the movies are no longer there. It has no way of knowing that you've moved the content to your NAS device.

The file you'd want to edit would actually be your userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db. and you'd need to access it with a SQLite application

You could also just remove the videos that you moved over, add the NAS device as a source, set the content to Movies, and scan the movies again. This is what I'd do in your situation unless something is preventing you from rescanning your content.

If you do want to try editing the MyVideos.db then make a backup of it first in case something goes wrong so that you don't lose your whole library.

Good luck.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
thx for pointing me to the used file and direction, as a possible tool for editing it, i found : SQLite-Database-Browser

just that im not going totally wrong : movies refers to files.id refers to paths.id?

but i still got a little problem, for at least one movie i can say for shure it works, but a couple other movies (that all have the same path) wont work.
first i found out i forgot to change this entry, but now it seems the edited entry isnt recognized , no matter if i restart XBMC or the mac itself.

is there something else i have to reset?
Big Grin

no it works, the problem came from double entrys for one path, that prevented the sqllite-browser from saving the last changes.
there was no error warning while just not saving changes :-(

so if you transfer directories to an other device that way seems to work as long as you dont changs paths count.
when merging 2 directories, idPath in table "files" must be edited so that all files from the both former directory point to one single new path.

be carefull, i'm totally new to xbmc (just a user for a couple of months), so dont see it as an advice, but just an way that worked for me.
i have no clew what errors could result from the changes i have done.
and as nicoli said befor, always make backups ;-)

to those coding and pushing xmbc : great job, i love it Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing filesource / location in database?0