Looking for nvidia's (onboard) 9400 IGP TDP value
I'm considering to buy a G210 or GT220 pci card instead of a new 9400 igp based motherboard.

Before buying this, i'm comparing the specs, but there seems no review that mentions the tdp value of the 9400 igp. I did find a lot of reviews that mention the total system consumption

Anyone who knows a review that mentions any kind of power consumptions spec from the 9400.
anyone?
Ion is basically a very slightly down clocked 9400 IIRC, and its TDP is 12w. Not sure if that includes the CPU or not, but the 9400 is probably very close.
Thanks... this gives me at least an estimation.
I think it has a pretty high TDP. I have a fanless Mediacenter house with two huge sinks on the two sides of the house. On one side i have my C2D at 2.5ghz on the other side i have the igp.

http://hfx.at/index.php?option=com_conte...Itemid=118

I have to say that the side that has my C2D is a lot cooler than my igp side. My temepratures are: C2D 45 degrees. Nvidia IGP 60 Degree.

So it well can be around 30W at least i fyou use VDPAU and other gpu intensive stuff.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Interesting. I've no experience with estimating the consumption based on the temperture in a fanless house, so I trust you better in that than I am Big Grin

Anyway, now I have an extra reason to look further for a 210 or 220.

post scriptum... Nice htpc case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for nvidia's (onboard) 9400 IGP TDP value0