Skipping screens to home menu
Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to, when you are in the TVShows/Movies screen, skip back directly to the home menu using backspace? This works in Aeon, maybe it can be incorperated in Transparency? Or perhaps there is a simple way to achieve this in my current set-up?

I'm a BIG fan of Transparency by the way!
OmegaProject Wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to, when you are in the TVShows/Movies screen, skip back directly to the home menu using backspace? This works in Aeon, maybe it can be incorperated in Transparency? Or perhaps there is a simple way to achieve this in my current set-up?

I'm a BIG fan of Transparency by the way!

yes this'll work in Transparency! too.
you'll have to add the 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' buttons to the home menu.
if you use those menu buttons to navigate to 'Movies' and 'TV Shows', pressing backspace will take you back to the Home Screen.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:yes this'll work in Transparency! too.
you'll have to add the 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' buttons to the home menu.
if you use those menu buttons to navigate to 'Movies' and 'TV Shows', pressing backspace will take you back to the Home Screen.

Yeah that's what I thought...

See, I already have the Movies and TV Shows buttons on my homescreen but pressing backspace takes me through 2 'sort-of files-view' screens... first one containing artist,genre etc and second one containing my sources.

Something appears to be wrong here, but I don't know what...
OmegaProject Wrote:Yeah that's what I thought...

See, I already have the Movies and TV Shows buttons on my homescreen but pressing backspace takes me through 2 'sort-of files-view' screens... first one containing artist,genre etc and second one containing my sources.

Something appears to be wrong here, but I don't know what...

me neither...i can't reproduce it.
try what happens if you use 'escape' instead....or 'right click' with a mouse. both should also take you right back to the Home Screen.

if nothing works i'm gonna need a Debug Log:
- Settings > System > Enable debug logging
- restart xbmc
- reproduce the issue
- post Debug Log to pastebin.com

cheers.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:me neither...i can't reproduce it.
try what happens if you use 'escape' instead....or 'right click' with a mouse. both should also take you right back to the Home Screen.

if nothing works i'm gonna need a Debug Log:
- Settings > System > Enable debug logging
- restart xbmc
- reproduce the issue
- post Debug Log to pastebin.com

cheers.

I'm at work right now but I'll give it a shot soon as I get home.

Thanks alvast!
Right, I tried using the escape key. It definitely works... however; when you choose a series (to select a season or episode) and then press escape, it doesn't go back to the series list but to the home menu... so in order to get back into the series list I would have to use the backspace key.

Any ideas?

I'll post a debug-log later today.
you're probably running a version > r22528.
as stated here these versions are not stable.
ronie Wrote:you're probably running a version > r22528.
as stated here these versions are not stable.

OMG! That was actually it... I never thought it would cause this kind of behavior Confused

Right, I feel like a complete n00b now... sorry to have bothered you.

Thanks a bunch!
OmegaProject Wrote:OMG! That was actually it... I never thought it would cause this kind of behavior Confused

Right, I feel like a complete n00b now... sorry to have bothered you.

Thanks a bunch!

no problem, i'm alway willing to help a fellow eindhovenaar out. ;-)
ronie Wrote:no problem, i'm alway willing to help a fellow eindhovenaar out. ;-)

Nice! What are the odds?! :-D
Best of luck with your awesome project, perhaps I'll get the chance to buy you a beer someday!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipping screens to home menu0