Changing Menu Option
I changed the Comics menu in strings.xml to UFC and when I go to add source, it asks for Pictures, when I was hoping for avi files and such, so I was wondering, where would I change the code so it asks to add a source, similliar to TV Shows, Music Videos and Movies.
grupy Wrote:I changed the Comics menu in strings.xml to UFC and when I go to add source, it asks for Pictures, when I was hoping for avi files and such, so I was wondering, where would I change the code so it asks to add a source, similliar to TV Shows, Music Videos and Movies.

i'm not entirely sure what your trying to accomplish, but support for videos in the 'pictures' section has only been added very recently (a couple of days ago) to xbmc.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Im basically looking to add a custom menu option called "UFC", so I found the Comics label within strings.xml folder and now UFC is being displayed instead of comics, so that portion works good.

Now, I wanted to add a source but when I do it goes into Pictures source instead of Videos, like how Clips, TV Shows or Movies does when your adding a source. Basically, I would like to have the Add Source reflect a movie content instead of Pictures as its still referencing Comics as the source but the label just reads UFC due to the change I made earlier.

Hope that makes more sense.
grupy Wrote:Im basically looking to add a custom menu option called "UFC", so I found the Comics label within strings.xml folder and now UFC is being displayed instead of comics, so that portion works good.

Now, I wanted to add a source but when I do it goes into Pictures source instead of Videos, like how Clips, TV Shows or Movies does when your adding a source. Basically, I would like to have the Add Source reflect a movie content instead of Pictures as its still referencing Comics as the source but the label just reads UFC due to the change I made earlier.

Hope that makes more sense.
lol, not really...but i'll try again too. ;-)

the 'Comics' button on the home menu (or UFC in your case) is linked to xbmc's 'Pictures' section. In the Pictures section you can only add/view pictures (.jpg/.bmp/.gif/etc..) and comics (.cbr files).

but a few days ago support for videos in the 'Pictures' section was added to xbmc:
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/22867.

but maybe this is not at all what you're looking for and instead you want to link your UFC button to the 'Video' section of xbmc instead of the 'Pictures' section?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:but maybe this is not at all what you're looking for and instead you want to link your UFC button to the 'Video' section of xbmc instead of the 'Pictures' section?

This would work for me. Right now I changed the Comics label to UFC and its still linked to Pictures as you mentioned earlier.

Were would I modify the code corresponding to the regular Comics in XBMC so it points to Video section of XBMC?

Anyhow, Im off on vacation for a week or so, I will check your reply when I get back.

Thanks again for a wicked skin & support Cool
grupy Wrote:This would work for me. Right now I changed the Comics label to UFC and its still linked to Pictures as you mentioned earlier.

Were would I modify the code corresponding to the regular Comics in XBMC so it points to Video section of XBMC?

Anyhow, Im off on vacation for a week or so, I will check your reply when I get back.

Thanks again for a wicked skin & support Cool

in Includes_Home.xml change the 2 entries of
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Pictures,Comics)</onclick>
to
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary)</onclick>
or
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles)</onclick>

depending on whether you want to go to the video library or videos in filemode.

hope you've had a good holiday ;-)
I just got back and tested your above comments and it worked.

Now, I just have to implement a scraper to scrape my UFC fights into the Library so it can view the files.
grupy - how did that end up going? I've ripped about 40 UFC DVD I have and am too lazy to mod XBMC to have an MMA section.
To be honest, I have yet to implement or try to create a scraper. I have read that someone has started to update IMDB for UFC fights. Its not much but a start. I just didnt want to use it as I dont want to mix my UFC fights (i only have selected fights and not full PPV/DVD shows) with my movies so I have to read up to see if there is a way to have them seperate.

For now, I just use view my UFC fights in file mode and not library mode.
i wanna do the same but i have a question.. did this fix allow you to have seperate backgrounds IN the video view or was it linked to the other video view?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Menu Option0