Installing a new font for 4:3 TV in Transparency for Xbox
Hi,

Up until now I have always used the xTV skin for my xbox but after checking out Transparency it has now become my default skin.

I'm using it on a 4:3 TV so even with the default skin font set to 4:3 TV it is still very hard on the eyes.

Is it possible to install the fonts from xTV or PMIII into Transparency?

Cheers.
silps Wrote:Hi,

Up until now I have always used the xTV skin for my xbox but after checking out Transparency it has now become my default skin.

I'm using it on a 4:3 TV so even with the default skin font set to 4:3 TV it is still very hard on the eyes.

Is it possible to install the fonts from xTV or PMIII into Transparency?

Cheers.

yes that would be possible. there's two way to accomplish this.

1) replace the current font, that would be the easiest way.
- delete teen-normal.ttf from the Transparency!/fonts folder
- copy over the font you would like to use to the Transparency!/fonts folder
- rename the new font to teen-normal.ttf

2) add a new font, this would be a little more work.
- copy the new font to the Transparency!/fonts folder
- open Transparency!/720p/Font.xml
- add a new fontset definition to this file (you can make a copy one of the existing ones)
- change the 'id' of the fontset
- change all the <filename> entries in your new fontset to match the new fontname
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you so much.

I used the first solution above and substituted the LucidaGrandeBold from xTV for the teen-normal font and it worked great.

I know Transparency is a HD skin but it would be great if you could keep us Xbox users on 4:3 tv in mind when developing your skin.

By the way, the thumbnail image for DVD covers looks a little squashed from the sides on my TV i.e. elongated, maybe you could look into that sometime when your next updating your skin.

Thanks for all your hard work and sharing with the universe.
silps Wrote:I know Transparency is a HD skin but it would be great if you could keep us Xbox users on 4:3 tv in mind when developing your skin.

if things can be incorporated in the skin without affecting widescreen usage, i have absolutely no problem with it.

there's a 4:3 thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56883.

silps Wrote:By the way, the thumbnail image for DVD covers looks a little squashed from the sides on my TV i.e. elongated, maybe you could look into that sometime when your next updating your skin.

that's most probably a side-effect from running a 720p skin on a 4:3 screen.
i fear there's not much i can do about it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing a new font for 4:3 TV in Transparency for Xbox0