Softmod rar error when installing
Hi there, I searched the forums and couldn't find anything - hope this is the appropriate place. I am trying to install XBMC using Softmod Installer Deluxe v2.0, which I grabbed from IRC (got instructions on lifehacker.com). All was going well - got the linux installer, and splinter cell exploit onto the xbox, did the MS backup and mod backup... Then tried to install softmod - it got a few files in and I get a rar error. Xbox shows error 13 (dash not avail) if I try to reboot. I can use Splinter cell to go back into the unleash x panel and do a MS restore and the dash comes back just fine.
I have downloaded the softmod installer twice now and get the same rar error. Am getting it from #***** on efnet.
Anyone else have this problem? I'd really like to get XBMC running but not sure how else to go about it.

Thanks for any help
You want xbox-scene.com for this kind of thing. We don't deal with mods here.
Get CASH v1.1 and use Ndure as it's a much more secure softmod than SID, and you'll get more support if things go wrong. However there are that many protection points along the way that installing it is as easy as it gets (if you read the manual and readme's).

Apart from that, SID 2.0 is really old. On my first softmod (which had it's problems too i may add and is why i changed to Ndure) SID 3.1, and that was about 3yrs ago. I think it ended up at 5.0. Google SID v Ndure.

Warning - read all the literature you get with CASH to get a handle on what your doing. Measure twice, cut once as they say!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Softmod rar error when installing0