having an issue with cdart
hi, 1st off gotta say, great skin, its now my skin of choice over aeon Smile

right, my question. Im trying to get cdart working for all my albums but ive run into a problem. Its concerning the band AC/DC. The readme for transparency says the band title and album title have to be the same in xbmc and the folder name. Im having trouble with this as the band in xbmc is under AC/DC but the folder is called AC-DC due to windows not allowing you to have slashes in file names. how do i work around this?

thanks
You need to find a program to edit your ID3 tags for your music. I would suggest mediamonkey.
or just search the forums for "AC/DC"
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=ac%2Fdc
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks worked a treat, you know didnt even occur to me to search for ac/dc doh
dazzaw Wrote:thanks, you know didnt even occur to me to search for ac/dc doh

lol, i can imagine. ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi,
[intro]first I'll take this extra typing-effort to say THANKS RONIE this is how I would have liked(& possibly made) a skin {[(not consistency...come on!)]}
I just had that annoying white screen issue, so I went back to version 1. Now I'm retesting everything. [/intro]
Is it possible that this same problem happens for folder/album names with brackets? I tested with (e.g.) "King Of Pop (Deluxe UK Edition) (Disc1)" which is both folder name and album tag, but the cdart doesn't load. If so, is there a solution other than renaming everything or what does it depend on?

bye

P.S. I know editing those files is a reasonable solution - but iTunes store seems to like to use brackets a lot, so...
rickx Wrote:Is it possible that this same problem happens for folder/album names with brackets? I tested with (e.g.) "King Of Pop (Deluxe UK Edition) (Disc1)" which is both folder name and album tag, but the cdart doesn't load. If so, is there a solution other than renaming everything or what does it depend on?

it only depends on the 'artist' and 'album' tag being exactly the same as the folder names.
i don't see any problems with brackets on my end.

the easiest way to figure out why it's failing is the enable debug logging.
if xbmc fails to load a cdart image, check the log and you should see something similar to:
Quote:ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /home/xbmc/Media/MusicFolder/Cars/Just What I Needed (The Cars Anthology)/cdart.png

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
having an issue with cdart0