• 5(current)
[MOD] Touch! My selfmade skin for touchscreen displays - Mod based on PM3
virtualhours Wrote:i use also a svn version - the skin works only with a svn correct. and yes.... in normal music mode is all correct with this coordinations - i dont know whats wrong ..... what svn version do you use ? - i will test a other version .....

works the full screen update for you ?

I use r23548... But I do not use Library mode at all, so can't help you...

Sorry, I did not give you any update regarding the black screen Confused Yes it works! Thanks!

Small suggestions that I just realize :
On the "Shutdown menuicons", there is no way to go back...
On the "Shutdown menuicons", if you select "I" (for informations) there is no back button on the next xml page

Rgs,
Spider Wrote:oke, tnx
In windows the screen works, but how do i install drivers in linux?

Kind Regards,
Search website's manufacturer of your touchscreen for instructions :confused2:
How do you want us to help if you do not even give us information about the brand of your hardware ? Shocked
LoloMc² Wrote:I use r23548... But I do not use Library mode at all, so can't help you...

Sorry, I did not give you any update regarding the black screen Confused Yes it works! Thanks!

Small suggestions that I just realize :
On the "Shutdown menuicons", there is no way to go back...
On the "Shutdown menuicons", if you select "I" (for informations) there is no back button on the next xml page

Rgs,

OKAY - YOU´RE RIGHT!
I will look today to fix this problems..... Big Grin
-- please forgive me for my bad english -- :blush:
Lightbulb 
its a touchscreen kit for a 22"screen.
the drivers i can download here http://www.e3b6a5y.com/manual/touchscreen.html#ub but when i follow the install guide it wont work

When i am in the right directory and give the command "Make New" it comes with the error

"/bin/sh: tclsh: Not Found"
"make: *** [configSTR.mak] Error 127"

Any idea?

Kind Regards,
Hello,
after the update I have the problem that I can’t restart, close or go to standby the system. By all this buttons XBMC freeze…

Thanks /Lars
now here a new version with little bugfixes.

- now Shutdown menuicons has back button
- now info screen has back button
- now skin info screen has back button
- new skin info screen Wink

- some other little bugfixes

- still no osd in fullscreen , sorry -> but it comes
- still some wishes are today unfulfilled

- please tell me your wishes for one of next betas...... Wink

click here to download new beta 5.5
Reserved
hey i´m watching this thread and testing the skin nearly since the first post and want to thank you for your work.
Its really nice looking. If I'm allowed I would make some suggestions Wink
  • Kinetic Scrolling like in WMC in Windows7 or the Apple Iphone
  • A touchable progressbar (to scroll forward and backwards within the song)
  • Touchable volumebar (while finger on the screen you can move to increase and decrease the volume

I dont know, if kinetic scrolling is supported by XBMC but it really would make the programm rock every other Mediaplayer-Application.
Windows Media Center is okay, but soooooooooooo slow, and can't handle many files and external drives good. but it has the windows kinetics :>
Hey Virtualhours..

5.5 is looking good.... wow....

Only errors I have seen are minor...

1) When in settings/system the back button is on top of a greyed out button called (master lock) I think, can't read it well as Back is on top of it ;-)

2) When in Music and I select full screen, I get a blank screen, is that becuase the screen isn't quite ready yet, or again is it me (user error)...

Other than that , it is truly the best skin for touchscreen users that I have found and I am using it on Linux if that helps you know that Linux users are using it...

In terms of what I would wish for, is in Library mode with many many music albums, it is a little hard to navigate... I have a small 7" touchscreen and to select the correct album in a long list is a little difficult, perhaps an option to make the font bigger ?? Is that possible ??

And when scrolling, the scroll bar is right tight on the right hand side.. not so easy on a touch screen...

Also, icing on the cake, would be in Album fan view to be able to scroll the album covers like an Apple Itouch......

Great work thanks !!!!

A.
Just found another potential improvement...

When looking at photos and using the slideshow, there is no way to exit with the touchscreen... only way is hit escape key ??

Can a click control be added here ??

Cheers,

A.
Digby Dude Wrote:1) When in settings/system the back button is on top of a greyed out button called (master lock) I think, can't read it well as Back is on top of it ;-)

i will look for this error and fix it in next days....

Digby Dude Wrote:2) When in Music and I select full screen, I get a blank screen, is that becuase the screen isn't quite ready yet, or again is it me (user error)...

mhhhh. the screen shows no infos yet - only visualization or movie will playing .... or when the screen is completely black -> is this also in video full screen? when you click on this blank screen will comes player buttons?

Digby Dude Wrote:Other than that , it is truly the best skin for touchscreen users that I have found and I am using it on Linux if that helps you know that Linux users are using it...

many thx - It gives me great pleasure

Digby Dude Wrote:In terms of what I would wish for, is in Library mode with many many music albums, it is a little hard to navigate... I have a small 7" touchscreen and to select the correct album in a long list is a little difficult, perhaps an option to make the font bigger ?? Is that possible

And when scrolling, the scroll bar is right tight on the right hand side.. not so easy on a touch screen...??

yes i will look in next days to make it more user-friendly......

Digby Dude Wrote:When looking at photos and using the slideshow, there is no way to exit with the touchscreen... only way is hit escape key ??

this is a problem of xbmc itself and i will looking for a plugin to use it with this skin, but nothing found yet....
Hi Virtualhours,
virtualhours Wrote:this is a problem of xbmc itself and i will looking for a plugin to use it with this skin, but nothing found yet....
I started a thread in the python script sub forum to request some help for the plugins...

Regarding you beta5.5 :
I still have the menuicons higher than it should (y=656 instead of 701 in some screens Wink)

Your skin info screen is very nice but I was hoping to be more than the first skin tester as I made the first touchscreen MOD !:p

Anyway, as you are closed to perfection, here are my daily's suggestions :

#1 : I would like the ability (menu settings ?) to have the full path of the folder in MyMusicSongs.xml (and video xml file also!)

#2 : Xlink kai was available only for xbox platform only, no ? (question inside as I am not sure) If yes remove it from "options - homescreen" and replace it by the possibility to add a "Program" button on home screen

#3 : Solve all overlasping back buttons... (I know it is boring!)

#4 : Not sure if possible : Create a button that call the same menu as right button would call...

#5 : Do you think it could be possible to add a confirmation box (Are you sure you want to go there as there is not any BACK button?) for several pages like the "Files" page ?

#6 : Button to eject USB stick properly as it has been implemented since 9.04.1

#7 : I also like very much the animation on icons in the main settings menu. It is still originaly present in Project Maheym III skin and it seems you removed those...
I agree, this is my personal taste... Rofl

Still "onfocus" to disapear and codec/bitrate on the MusicOSD page....

Also, I will do French translation of your skin when I'll find some time Wink
I also will try to create volume buttons in the original style of other buttons. Not sure it will be a so easy task.

Regard,
LoloMc² Wrote:#7 : I also like very much the animation on icons in the main settings menu. It is still originaly present in Project Maheym III skin and it seems you removed those...
I agree, this is my personal taste... Rofl

Go to Settings -> Skin Menu -> General -> ENABLE ANIMATIONS! Nod

LoloMc² Wrote:#2 : Xlink kai was available only for xbox platform only, no ? (question inside as I am not sure) If yes remove it from "options - homescreen" and replace it by the possibility to add a "Program" button on home screen

where do you find Xlink kai? i don´t see it ...... and programs menue is integrated! ... to activate it go to Settings -> Skin Menu -> Home window -> Show programs in Main menu

older version pic:

LoloMc² Wrote:Also, I will do French translation of your skin when I'll find some time
I also will try to create volume buttons in the original style of other buttons. Not sure it will be a so easy task.

oh this if very nice Wink you are more then the first skin tester Wink sorry for this mistake - wait for next beta Wink

now i will skinning the next days and i will hope next beta 6 will coming up on sunday .......
virtualhours Wrote:Go to Settings -> Skin Menu -> General -> ENABLE ANIMATIONS!
Does not work for this one Confused

virtualhours Wrote:where do you find Xlink kai? i don´t see it ...... and programs menue is integrated! ... to activate it go to Settings -> Skin Menu -> Home window -> Show programs in Main menu
Checked ! This seems to be a translation string problem (working in English but not in French!)

virtualhours Wrote:oh this if very nice Wink you are more then the first skin tester Wink sorry for this mistake - wait for next beta Wink
Nod

virtualhours Wrote:now i will skinning the next days and i will hope next beta 6 will coming up on sunday .......
Good luck Big Grin
Hey all,

I have just found another small issue... but I don't know how I created it...

After navigating around videos and pictures, the music player control buttons dissappeared ?? The volume buttons remained and if I clicked the right areas I could still pause and skip tracks etc... but no visible buttons...

I restarted XBMC and all is well again Huh

cheers,

A.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Touch! My selfmade skin for touchscreen displays - Mod based on PM32