• 6(current)
[MOD] Touch! My selfmade skin for touchscreen displays - Mod based on PM3
Post Nr 68.
Not possible or ignored? Rofl
Kinetic scrolling may be a request that could be made in the general suggestions, but a touchable volumebar and searchbar for videos would be nice Wink
eXPoser Wrote:Post Nr 68.
Kinetic scrolling may be a request that could be made in the general suggestions, but a touchable volumebar and searchbar for videos would be nice Wink

yes i read your post - but my time for skinning is limited and not every day i have time for it ..... i will look in next days, but Kinetic scroll is not possible by xbmc - for scrollbars, i will look what i can do - but i think not in next beta release Oo
-- please forgive me for my bad english -- :blush:
eXPoser Wrote:Post Nr 68.

Hi Exposer

Nobody is ignoring you but kinetic scrolling is not possible unless someone write some C code. You may understand that this skin has been started because it was impossible to handle correctly touchscreen hardware with original xbmc....
Touchable volumebar and searchbar for videos was already suggested by one user (But I can not remember who...)
There may be a way to do it but I do not know how to except to align dozains of small button on the same line. And this would be an hugly hack, IMHO...
VirtualHours is more skilled than I am so it may be possible for him...

Regards,
Ah okay, thank you very much Smile
I hope somebody will do this, in the main time maybe a wider scrollbar may be added. =)
@virtualhours It's no problem for me that you do not program all the night long ;D I'm looking forward to see your next releases. The actual beta versions are already great Smile

ps: Sorry for my bad english. I'm out of training Confused
i don´t forget you all, but in the last days i have no time - but in the next two days i will release here a new update!

regards
okay - update is nearly Wink

previously news:

- new SKIN INFO
- Apple Movie Trailer in HomeScreen Menu
- Apple Movie Trailer Script with BACK-Button
- OSD in Music Fullscreen -> is this what you all want? -> will look to make a other solution for touchscreen to use original Fullscreen-Mode to not lose OSD plugins..... or do you need OSD plugins? - also will remove the OSD Plugins from Option Menus?
- little bugfixes with back-buttons
- FanArt Backgrounds in Music-Library mode (see picture)

not fixed:
- player buttons y=656 / 701 in some screens problem not fixed - i dont find the problem - i use newer svn

virtualhours Wrote:okay - update is nearly Wink
Wink
virtualhours Wrote:- Apple Movie Trailer Script with BACK-Button
Interesting... Regarding the picture viewer "made in python" (as nobody gave any answer to my request..) I though about integrating a flash picture viewer like this one. It is not under GPL unfortunately. But it is free.
I do not have time actually unfortunately to even start to look at python exemple.
So, now that you know how to insert a back button into a script... if you find how to display a swf flash file into a python script....

I do not even know if it is possible! But if you like this idea, this image viewer seems to be able to rotate automaticaly pictures.

virtualhours Wrote:- OSD in Music Fullscreen -> is this what you all want? -> will look to make a other solution for touchscreen to use original Fullscreen-Mode to not lose OSD plugins..... or do you need OSD plugins? - also will remove the OSD Plugins from Option Menus?
This is the idea (plus, I would like to get the bitrate :p) and you made a very elegant window. In my humble opinion, this is very suitable for a small display (7 to 10'') but, personaly, me and my 15'' touchscreen would prefer to get something very more discrete...Confused

Do not loose your time to work only for me. I am very pleased but I can modify the size of fonts if I find those too big :p

What do you mean by OSD plugins ? Goom and others ? You can already remove those in the skin settings...

Rgs,
This is a really good start on creating a touch screen skin for XBMC. In a future update would it be possible to add a view in the music category that includes a "play" "queue," and "info" button next to each song/track in an album? It would make it easy to navigate without extra button presses or using "tap and hold" (right click) if your touchscreen driver doesn't support it.

I'm not sure if you've ever heard of XLobby but it is a HTPC software that worked really well with touch screen devices and it had skins that implemented what I suggested.

This could also help with the lack of having specific touchscreen driver and your touchscreen can operate as a HID device. Then you wont have to rely on a "tap and hold" (right click) type of option to navigate on your touch screen device.

Thanks a lot and hope I'm making sense.
now here is the next beta..... hope you like it Wink

click here to download new beta
Hi virtualhours,
Thanks very much for this skin, I have already made a maximum of test, and I enjoy it !!! Big Grin
Confused The 'big' problem I found out, is that I can't exit the Slideshow, without a keyboard, I have read all the thread, and I don't find any complaint about that Huh do u have an issue for this?

Thanks,

Nerd Bzibilsk
Hi Bzibilsk,
If you do not see any complaint, that's because there is a very good reason ! Virtualhours can not do anything as there is a need for C++ code.
Have a look here, here, or even here for a workaround with python script.
If you want to get this issue solved, write something to the developpers. It is true that they will not do it because you request them, but for sure they will not do it if nobody request it (or if I am the only one to request it !)

Rgs,
now we will have a horizontal menu - is this nice? or not? Nod No

the beneficial: the touchscreen users will come in pleasurable of the different backgrounds of the different menu points!
Hi All,

I am running Beta 6 and it seems to work well ;-) I will continue testing ;-)

As for the horizontal menu, I am not sure about it... it is easier and quicker with a touchscreen to be able to select and item without having to scroll for it...

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks,

Adam

P.S.Can anyone provide me with any ideas re this:
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...ouchscreen

I am stuck on version SVN 22278 on Linux
virtualhours Wrote:now we will have a horizontal menu - is this nice? or not? Nod No
This are my personnal tastes, ok ? Big Grin
I never loved the buttons you choose on the main screen. I honestly always prefered original ones coming from PMIII.
So, of course, I prefer this horizontal menu (just a single note, your arrows should be transparent also instead of being "completely" blue)

BUT !

I believe the original menu is more intuitive for my grandmother...

So, I am sorry to be so useless for your decision Big Grin

Rgs,

BTW : I am not at home this week, so sorry but I can not try beta6.
I hope to be at home next sunday Wink
-
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Touch! My selfmade skin for touchscreen displays - Mod based on PM32