I am confused with event ghost actions and keymap.xml
Hi
Last week I installed XBMC on an Ubuntu 9.04 and have some stability problems with the kernel or video drivers ( for Intel 915g chip). On Ubuntu 9.10 alpha it runs more stable, but I have other problems with this distro because its in alpha stadium.
Yesterday I setup Windows XP on my small media pc and install XBMC. It runs stable and fast (as fast as it can on a Intel 915g, but fast enought for me)
The last step is to get my universal remote control working with XBMC so I can control it from my couch Smile
I save my lirc.conf, lircmap.xml and keymap.xml from my xbmc linux installation before, but in the windows version there is no build in (win)lirc-client. Sad I search the forum and find out, that i have to use 'event ghost'.
In event ghost there is a plugin for xbmc und a plugin for winlirc. The xbmc plugin automatic generate some macros with xbmc actions so that I only have to map the winlirc events to these macros.
So there is my problem:
Do I understand it right that I can only map xbmc actions in eventghost with the xbmc plugin?
For example: In the visualization window, the 'down'-button of my remote control should do the 'Big skip backward'-action and in the most other windows it should do the standard 'down'-action.
I very confused about this because I cannot see the link between event ghost and the keymap.xml.
Just for my interests: Why is it not easyly solved like in the linux version (a simple build-in lirc client and a lircmap.xml)? What are the advantages of the additional external tool event ghost?
regards
Jarny
Hardware:
1) PointOfView Intel Atom 330 Mainboard
2) Scenic-PC (2.9 GHz) with onboard Intel-Graphic 915g
a more concrete question:
Where is the mapping of the (for example) 'Big skip backward' Event to an xbmc action?
There is no appearance of the string 'Big skip backward' in the xbmc source files or any config/mapping file. So where does it come from? Is it an mistake (wrong/old eventname) in the event ghost plugin?
Or do I have to make an entry in the keymap.conf <remote>section like this:
<Big skip backward>bigstepforward</Big skip backward>

still confused with it Oo

regards
Jarny
Hardware:
1) PointOfView Intel Atom 330 Mainboard
2) Scenic-PC (2.9 GHz) with onboard Intel-Graphic 915g

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I am confused with event ghost actions and keymap.xml0