Items not removed from library when source removed
Hi there, I have just started using XBMC and imported my music in to the library. However I have decided I do not want all of the music to be included, just a subfolder.

I removed the source (although the files are not deleted) and updated library/cleaned library however all of the files remain in the library, even though the source is no longer listed in the files view!

The only way I could remove the items from the library after they had been added was to delete the database itself. I'm guessing that this isn't the best way to do things. I've had a search of the forum but the usual suggestion is to use the clean library function, however this didn't work for me. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! - Boffinboy
Indeed, the library clean should have address the issue properly and removed the stale items.

You can help out by checking out this thread for instructions on what the devs would like to see in order to help deduce where the problem is.

Sticky: HOW-TO post a problem in a useful manner
Thanks Maxim, will follow the advice

Details of how to reproduce the problem are in post above and detailed lower down.
I am using Windows XP SP3 on an Asus laptop
Intel Core Duo 1.66, 2GB ram
ATI Radeon Mobility X1600 256MB - Catalyst 8.4 drivers (newest version available to me)
Onboard sound

Version of XBMC Babylon 9.04.1-repack2

Below is a link to a log, I am not sure if it is of any use. I added a folder to music sources, then adding to library, then removing source, updating library and cleaning library. Then going back to music and the library still showing the items from the removed source folder.
http://pastebin.com/m17fe0533

Edit: This issue doesn't seem to affect the Video library

Thanks in advance - Boffinboy
Boffinboy Wrote:I removed the source (although the files are not deleted) and updated library/cleaned library however all of the files remain in the library, even though the source is no longer listed in the files view!

The only way I could remove the items from the library after they had been added was to delete the database itself. I'm guessing that this isn't the best way to do things. I've had a search of the forum but the usual suggestion is to use the clean library function, however this didn't work for me. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! - Boffinboy

Perfect description of my issue as well. Apologies for the "double post", but I see that several users are struggling with that, so it might actually need to be a bug report. I thought I missed out the option, but maybe it is currently just not working.

Any thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Perfect description of my issue as well. Apologies for the "double post", but I see that several users are struggling with that, so it might actually need to be a bug report. I thought I missed out the option, but maybe it is currently just not working.

Any thoughts?

I have the same problem, I couldn't find an open trac ticket on this issue, so I opened:

http://www.xbmc.org/trac/ticket/7600

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Items not removed from library when source removed0