1080P Transparency... when?
minimalko Wrote:you dont need to rewrite the coordinates in xmls to run 1080p. XBMC scales those automaticaly. What you would really need are new 1080p textures to get the right results.

thanx a lot for clearing that up. i had no clue...
most of the icons are a bit bigger than used in the skin, so those should be fine.
as for the textures (panel/header/footer/menu-buttons/dialog windows), i'm not sure if there's much to gain. almost none of them are even 720p at the moment and they seem to scale just fine...maybe due to the simplicity of 'm.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:for me, i'm not interested in creating in more screen real estate.
so if we go forward with this, all the image resolutions will be increased,
this way it won't harm people with 720p screens.

one of the (few) benefits of a 1080p skin, would be the use of 1920x1080 backdrops/fanart i guess.

As many others have alluded to... you'll get this for free anyway. The only real gain would be in slightly higher quality textures etc, but your skin isn't littered with textures.... it already looks fine in 1080p using 720p design. It's arguably the best way to go.... make for 720 and it'll just work for 1080, but the other way around can get more complicated
It scales fine even if you use 720p textures or lower as long as they have the same aspect ratio.

The one and only advantage of 1080p over 720p is the sharpnes of textures due to higher resolution (as long as they are really 1080p).

The skin will run fine on 1080p as it is only the textures will be upscaled by around 33 percent resulting in lower ress look of them.
I'm sure alot of people use 1080p even my monitor is 1080p never mind my TV.
1080 is the future .. hope we can see a skin for it soon Smile

Cheers
I use Transparency on a 62" 1080p Samsung DLP. It looks great!

I can't imagine anything that would need to be done to it that could make it look better graphically.
With all these last comments, I suppose the idea of customizing it for 1080p is going low on the priorities. Anyway, it already looks fantastic on my 1080p screen. I would rather see Ronie concentrating on other things (like the backdrops, and the other features he recently asked about).
just make sue your backdrops and fanart are 1920x1080 and they will be displayed at 1080p.
well, if your tv supports it of course.

i don't think resizing the textures in Transparency! would make a big difference since they're all plain black. maybe only the highlight on the borders would improve, but that'll be all.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080P Transparency... when?0