1080P Transparency... when?
Hi, Ronnie... in a near future, we'll have Transparency in 1080p format?
Thanks in Advance
hmmm....let's see....
- some want me to make a 4:3 version of the skin
- some want a touchscreen compatible version
- some want a version that also runs on xbmc 9.04
- some want a special xbox version
- a now someone wants a 1080p version

...and hardly anyone's willing to help out.

did that answer your question? ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:- some want a special xbox version

Dont you think she deserve it ? Without her, i dont know if XBMC...... :p
Shalashaska Wrote:Dont you think she deserve it ? Without her, i dont know if XBMC...... :p

want my honest opinion?
it would've saved me a shitload of hours troubleshooting if nobody would use it anymore. ;-P
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
i agree 1080p would be really nice. there are a lot of 4:3 skins and tons of 720p skins, but no real 1080p skins. 4:3 and xbox are the past, and soon xbmc 9.04 will be too, and touchscreen isn't used that much in home theaters. but 1080p displays are getting cheaper, 1080p is the futureSmile but i understand it's a LOT of work and not gonna happen anytime soonSmile
r1ctus Wrote:i agree 1080p would be really nice. there are a lot of 4:3 skins and tons of 720p skins, but no real 1080p skins. 4:3 and xbox are the past, and soon xbmc 9.04 will be too, and touchscreen isn't used that much in home theaters. but 1080p displays are getting cheaper, 1080p is the futureSmile but i understand it's a LOT of work and not gonna happen anytime soonSmile

i do agree 1080 is the future and probably in a few years the majority of skins will be in 1080p. but yes, it's a lot of work. there's about a 100 xml files in Transparency! and if anyone wants to multiply all the x, y, width and height values by 1.5 i'd say we're almost there.

if someone's good at scripting, it might even be possible to automate the process?
Ronie,

is there any identifier(s) that are common for the lines containing widths and heights that would need to be changed? I would gladly help if you give me some directions. I can handle my way around with some awk and sed scripting.

Thanks for the lovely skin!
rbonon Wrote:Ronie,

is there any identifier(s) that are common for the lines containing widths and heights that would need to be changed? I would gladly help if you give me some directions. I can handle my way around with some awk and sed scripting.

ooh, you surely caught me off guard...
i've never given the 1080p option much thought, in fact i don't even know if xbmc supports 1080p skins. as far as i know here are none at the moment, it least i've never seen one.

concerning your question, sizes and positions are defined as follow in the xml files:
Code:
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>600</width>
<height>130</height>

a few tricky things to keep in mind, posx and posy values can be negative:
<posy>-135</posy>

and in a few cases defined as an offset from the right side of the screen:
<posx>150r</posx>

other things, although much less work, is to adjust all the fontsizes.
last thing i can think of is also all the animations need to be adjusted.

like i said i haven't given it much thought and the above is just what comes to mind at the moment.

let me know if you need more info. i'll give it a good nights sleep. ;-)
Isn´t Aeon 1080p?

Greping through the files, taking posx as an example, we have the following entries:

posx
posx negative
posx relative

You said we should just multiply the values by 1.5. What would your suggestion be for the relative and negative cases. Should they be multiplied as well?

Cheers
rbonon Wrote:Isn´t Aeon 1080p?
nope, it's 720p
rbonon Wrote:You said we should just multiply the values by 1.5. What would your suggestion be for the relative and negative cases. Should they be multiplied as well?
yes, those should be multiplied as well. note, the values can't contain any decimals
Going to be a little controversial here.... but...

There's still a majority of end users users using 720p (ish) screens, and even those with 1080, are still using 720p resolution.

Whilst a 1080 display might seem a highly desirable thing, to really benefit from the higher resolution (get more screen real estate), lots of images would have to remain the same size and thus effectively appear smaller on screen.
If the resolution of the images increased, then yes, there'd be an increase in quality but no real use of extra screen estate...

Since many folks seem surprised that Aeon and other skins are actually 720p, that tells me that few people are missing the increased clarity of images!

Is it really worth an upshift to 720? I doubt it. Esp with a skin like Transparency that has such minimal UI anyway (minimal in your face icons / skin assets etc)
I use 1080p res but I don't see the problem when using transparency as it is...look just fine to me :p better than fine
for me, i'm not interested in creating in more screen real estate.
so if we go forward with this, all the image resolutions will be increased,
this way it won't harm people with 720p screens.

one of the (few) benefits of a 1080p skin, would be the use of 1920x1080 backdrops/fanart i guess.
you dont need to rewrite the coordinates in xmls to run 1080p. XBMC scales those automaticaly. What you would really need are new 1080p textures to get the right results.
infy Wrote:I use 1080p res but I don't see the problem when using transparency as it is...look just fine to me :p better than fine

Same here, T! running on 1080p res, great pic quality, no problems whatsoever. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080P Transparency... when?0