Database Update
I have a question for you XBMC veterens out there. Trying to figure this one out for future XBMC use, so maybe one of you guys/gals can offer a suggestion.

First thing, I have a dilemma. I've lost my internet connection at home, so my Database is out of date with lots of Movies missing coverart, synopsis' and fanart.

Now my question is, is there any way to retrieve updated data from a internet source on another computer? Some kind of program that I can install, which reads my Database (Movies are in the list, but theres no data stored about the movie) and retrieves all required art and details and updates the database and art files so I can copy them back onto my PC all up to date and ready for use?

Thanks for the help, you admin folk have been mighty helpful in the past.
write a service on your other computer and an accompanying scraper
Is that the complicated way Wink Does that media companion application have that abilityHuh
The media manager applications don't manage the DB, however, if you exported to nfo you can use a media manager to handle updates, and XBMC will read the nfos. Update the NFOs, update the DB.
Dam, XBMC on its is pretty self explanatory, but the fact that this is such a complicated issue baffles me.

Maybe if I install XBMC, my UserFiles on the other system with the internet, that would work I think, but thats a hard one.

Yeah well, someone close the topic, because I guess there isn't an easy way to do this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database Update0