Movies not imported in library mode
I converted my media center a couple of days ago from Windows MCE to XBMC. I was using mymovies together with AnyDVD for my collection management. It is a great application. All my movies were ripped into a single folder and Mymovies generated all the thumbnails. I imported that same folder using the file mode in the main movies. All the movied and thumbnails were imported beautifully. I then tried to import that same folder using Library mode so that I can get the different views in Library mode. Of my 92 movie title I had in the folder, only 66 were imported in Library mode, where as all of them were imported in file mode.

What am I doing wrong?

By the way I love XBMC. Far superior to Vista MCE.

Last newbie question, does anyone know how turn off the news banner at the bottom on the first screen you get in XBMC. A bit annoying to me.
To turn off "news banner" go to Settings > Appearance > and uncheck Enable RSS feeds

Give some examples of movie names and thumbs that worked and some that didn't. Try setting the content of the folder to Movie and scan for content. (Go to Videos, highlight the source folder that contains all your movies or add it as a source if it isn't there already. Press "c" and go to Set Content and chose Movies.)
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
thanks for the RSS tip. for the movies that did not; Happy Potter series missed The prisoner of Azkaban. Also showed Sorcerer's Stone as "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone", missing my entire collection of Lord of the rings. Got two of my Indiana Jones but missed the last crusade. missing X-men 2 and 3.

Is there a way to have XBMC launch directly in the library/movie mode to show my movie fanart upn startup. I know how to get to default in the movies, but I need to go one level below in Movies to show the thumbnails upon startup. Right now I get the first screen in Movies that show "add source", "Plugin etc"

Since I am using mymovies for my collection management I can continue using it instead of the builtin scrapper.

Does XBMC support mymovies as a scrapper?
no.

we do have the ability to import mymovies.xml directly, or if you are willing to pay (guess you are since you already use the sw), we have a SCRAPER for mymovies.dk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies not imported in library mode0